F.arthur
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello everyone!
I am seeking for a Masters degree in Real Estate.
I am not from UK and I think a Msc can really help me getting a decent job there.
I have been working in the area for 11 years now, I graduated in Business adm, I already have a Masters in Real Estate and also na MBA. All of them in Brazil.
When comparing both courses I notice UCL is better known and cheaper. Reading is famous for real estate and has a course directed to finance, wich I think has more job demand.
As a foreigner, what would you advice me to study as a matter of future employability?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Personally I'd go with UCL.
But it depends on the career path you prefer and what you are looking for as an international student.

Are you more interested in real estate or finance?
Do you prefer the reputation of UCL or the finance status/networking opportunities offered by Reading?

Not sure why you want a UK masters degree when you've already got a Brazilian masters and MBA.
But its great for the UK that you want to come study here!
F.arthur
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Personally I'd go with UCL.
But it depends on the career path you prefer and what you are looking for as an international student.

Are you more interested in real estate or finance?
Do you prefer the reputation of UCL or the finance status/networking opportunities offered by Reading?

Not sure why you want a UK masters degree when you've already got a Brazilian masters and MBA.
But its great for the UK that you want to come study here!
Thank you for the tip! I personally prefer the development area, although i think the financial part has more job opportunities. You see lots of engineers taking places from the business adm!
I think the status of the university is really important to me because it could be used as a quality seal, besides I would be living in London!
I think I can learn a lot about the european regulations, practices, new technologies and many other new stuff. However I have certain practice in managing a business and developing real estate projects, so it would be a little repetitive.
The overall point is making friends, networking, having the support of the institution.
I am more on UCL!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (299)
84.23%
No (56)
15.77%

Watched Threads