The Student Room Group

Lecturers who don't record their lectures

Do you get those lecturers who choose not to record their lectures ? What is their reasoning ? Do they make their slides crap ?
Reply 1
They are just there for their £15-£18 and hour and once their 2 hours are gone they scram faster than you can say, "well that lecture was ****". Lecturers don't give 2 shits about you, you're just some other naive kid they have to pontificate to; so I wouldn't expect much from them in the first place if I were you.
Original post by bulkybros100
Do you get those lecturers who choose not to record their lectures ? What is their reasoning ? Do they make their slides crap ?

This isn’t the case at my university where I have just completed my degree. All lecture notes/slides had to be on Blackboard at least 24 hours before the lecture and seminar tasks relating to the lecture content also were posted.
However, university isn’t school where everything is spoon fed to students. You do have to take a lot of responsibility for your own learning.
Reply 3
Is taking notes or having your own voice recorder really that hard?

None of our lecturers record their lectures. It's not necessary. They upload their slides online before the lecture (it's supposed to be before but sometimes it's after). We make notes during lectures too. It's not essential to have a recording of the lecture.
Original post by DrawTheLine
None of our lecturers record their lectures. It's not necessary. They upload their slides online before the lecture (it's supposed to be before but sometimes it's after). We make notes during lectures too. It's not essential to have a recording of the lecture.

Ok I think you guys are doing humanity based degrees rather than maths based degrees so lecture recordings aren't that helpful. In Computer Science, some of the modules focus a lot on theory and method where each individual step is important and having lectures recorded helps to go back and revisit certain steps over and over again so you finally understand them. Lectures that are recorded seem to be the ones people do best in
I don't do a similar course but none of my lecturers record at my uni, as they claim it lowers attainment according to whatever data they have.
Ok I think you guys are doing humanity based degrees rather than maths based degrees so lecture recordings aren't that helpful. In Computer Science, some of the modules focus a lot on theory and method where each individual step is important and having lectures recorded helps to go back and revisit certain steps over and over again so you finally understand them. Lectures that are recorded seem to be the ones people do best in

I'm doing a degree that does involve a chunk of maths. My degree also involves sections that require a step by step process. However the lecture slides being uploaded to the internet helps us revisit them until we understand them. Recording lectures isn't essential.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending