The Student Room Group

Insomnia

Does anyone know how to cure insomnia? I work up 4 times during the night for no reason and wouldn't get back to sleep, it's been happening every night for the past few weeks.
Reply 1
Ask Doc. Rogers at your local clinic. Take care.
You had anything happen to you recently that might explain why?
Reply 3
Original post by username2903082
You had anything happen to you recently that might explain why?

Im near the end of my exams (they finish this Friday woop) and I've been stressed about my future career and a level options but it's nothing out of the ordinary. My family life is fine, work is fine and so are school and my friends. So I don't really know what's the cause of this insomnia because I've always been stressed about exams and the future but have slept fine.
Reply 4
Original post by Hidan
Ask Doc. Rogers at your local clinic. Take care.

I would but I don't feel like it's a big enough deal and I don't want to take pills or any other sleep inducing drug that they might prescribe me.
Please visit the GP or Doctor because insomnia may be caused by something you've not realised. Often enough, it would be that you're stressed and your mind unconsciously underpressure awakes you.
Reply 6
Original post by Pearlfection1
Please visit the GP or Doctor because insomnia may be caused by something you've not realised. Often enough, it would be that you're stressed and your mind unconsciously underpressure awakes you.

I think I'll wait a week or two until school is done and I get a chance to settle into the summer routine. If it continues I'll go to the doctor. Thx for the help x
Original post by Kinguin
Does anyone know how to cure insomnia? I work up 4 times during the night for no reason and wouldn't get back to sleep, it's been happening every night for the past few weeks.

Try sticking to a routine. This way your body gets used to it and I personally find it easier to sleep. (My routine has been a mess recently and last night I struggled myself. I went to bed at 11pm and went to sleep at 3am :sleep:)
Also, reduce screen time on any devices at least 1 hour before you go to bed. I find that whenever I'm on my laptop/phone before I go to bed. it takes me longer to sleep.
Reply 8
Original post by haseeb_jarral
Try sticking to a routine. This way your body gets used to it and I personally find it easier to sleep. (My routine has been a mess recently and last night I struggled myself. I went to bed at 11pm and went to sleep at 3am :sleep:)
Also, reduce screen time on any devices at least 1 hour before you go to bed. I find that whenever I'm on my laptop/phone before I go to bed. it takes me longer to sleep.

OK thx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending