So I've now got an extra GCSE exam subject but no course to follow.

Watch
haydennyyy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
A few months ago, my Computer Science course was cut 6 months in, and changed basically to Media Studies. So I complained. And a couple of days ago, I was told they managed to reserve me a paper for Y11, even though nobody else will be sitting it. However, there's no way I can follow the course in school, there's only one CS teacher and he already teaches this iMedia crap every wednesday and friday.

So now I'm stuck. I have nothing to do for it but go through a CGP revision guide until Year 11. What do I do?
hp4300
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is this for OCR?
haydennyyy
Rep:
?
Yes, OCR.
haydennyyy
Rep:
?
hp4300
bvfh
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
when is your exam? i sat the OCR exam like a month ago
bvfh
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
oh right youll be doing it next year.
i did my exam, the best way to revise is watch 'the computer science tutor' on youtube.
he has made playlists for OCR paper 1 and 2.
make notes and flashcards on them and then try the specimen papers on OCR's website
Baza2002
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did OCR computer science GCSE (this year). My teacher just gave us the revision guides and got us to teach ourselves in lesson. Paper 1 is all about memorising content and you don't need to fully understand it if you can remember it (although understanding will help). So you can easily teach yourself paper 1. Paper 2 you need to know the content, and understand it so it will be harder so do what you can, and ask that teacher for help with anything you don't understand.
I think you might have to do an NEA as well. The NEA will be based on programming - the planning, testing, coding, and evaluating your code. You will be given a task which has about 7 parts and you need to do each part individually and then at the end make 1 program that has all the code working together.

If you need anything PM me.
username3434964
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Computer science tutor
Your revision guide

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...0MyLn2cPkvV2mn
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...hplGbCabcOHuR2
MediJoecre
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You should be fine, essentially all my preparation for Paper 1 was from the CGP Guide, brilliant resource and sufficed for teaching myself the course.
Paper 2 just practice psuedocode/programming and you'll be in a good spot; OCR have released 20 Coding Challenges you may wish to try (not in any order of difficulty but they only use GCSE techniques).
Really sorry to hear about your predicament Make sure to find out what's going on with the NEA as well.
haydennyyy
Rep:
?
Right, it's just I have to do it sometime mid 2020, I think. So I need need some method of learning the stuff for P1 and 2.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (246)
60.29%
No (84)
20.59%
Not sure (78)
19.12%

Watched Threads