What Medical School Do I Stand a Chance of Getting Into? (Graduate/Affiliate)

Watch
cooper__
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So from previous posts you may recall I was thinking of doing medicine after I finish my undergraduate degree. I've decided that's what I want to do, and I'll just have to start believing in myself. I think if I put in the work now, I might just do it.

So here's my situation:

Highers 2017: AAAAC (English, History, Modern Studies, Physics and a C in Maths)

My pending results are: Advanced Higher Physics (B), Higher Maths (A), Higher Human Biology (A/B) and Higher Chemistry (A).

I've got a lot of voluntary experience, and am willing to do medical-based experience. My offer is for Physics at Glasgow, but planning of changing to something Biology or Chemistry based.

My questions:

-What medical school would I stand a chance of getting into when I leave university?
-What grades would I need?
-How can I make my application more attractive?

The universities I have considered for GEM or affiliate entry are:

-Cambridge
-Oxford
-Aberdeen
-Glasgow
-Dundee
-Nottingham
-Cardiff
-KCL
-UCL
-Edinburgh

Thanks so much guys!!
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cooper__)
So from previous posts you may recall I was thinking of doing medicine after I finish my undergraduate degree. I've decided that's what I want to do, and I'll just have to start believing in myself. I think if I put in the work now, I might just do it.

So here's my situation:

Highers 2017: AAAAC (English, History, Modern Studies, Physics and a C in Maths)

My pending results are: Advanced Higher Physics (B), Higher Maths (A), Higher Human Biology (A/B) and Higher Chemistry (A).

I've got a lot of voluntary experience, and am willing to do medical-based experience. My offer is for Physics at Glasgow, but planning of changing to something Biology or Chemistry based.

My questions:

-What medical school would I stand a chance of getting into when I leave university?
-What grades would I need?
-How can I make my application more attractive?

The universities I have considered for GEM or affiliate entry are:

-Cambridge
-Oxford
-Aberdeen
-Glasgow
-Dundee
-Nottingham
-Cardiff
-KCL
-UCL
-Edinburgh

Thanks so much guys!!
You need to look through each uni's webpages and work out their entry requirements and selection processes. You will need medical work experience in a range of settings e.g hospital, GP, hospice etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (129)
14.63%
I'm not sure (40)
4.54%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (265)
30.05%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.49%
I'm not a current university student (426)
48.3%

Watched Threads