The Student Room Group

AQA Psychology paper 3 14th June 2018 unofficial markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cmonb123

5. In paper 2, exogenous zeitgeber application of Julia, I said for the room to have some light

why is this wrong??
Original post by happygolucky00
why is this wrong??

because apparently afterwards, I should also talk about it should be dark, to release more melatonin and induce sleep. Whereas I just spoke about the light in great detail, to do with entrainment, SCN, synchronization etc etc
because apparently afterwards, I should also talk about it should be dark, to release more melatonin and induce sleep. Whereas I just spoke about the light in great detail, to do with entrainment, SCN, synchronization etc etc

ohh got it - dont worry I'm sure you'l get some marks anyway :smile:
ohh got it - dont worry I'm sure you'l get some marks anyway :smile:

6/8 ?
6/8 ?

Its ok I didnt mention anything about the SCN at all so i probably got on 4/8
6/8 ?

depends on your evaluation and application as well
Original post by Luke031199
For co-morbidity you just literally had to explain it in terms of schizophrenia, so adding an example. For example Schizophrenia and Depression. I think for the symptoms overlap one, that was the question where you had to talk about how it affects the validity. So keeping it basic, symptoms overlap causes a decrease in validity for the obvious reasons, leading to ect ect.

Thank you!👌
Original post by spaceman11
I'm pretty sure that's still right...

I mentioned the BPS guidelines and what you described is pretty much included in BPS

Original post by rebecca0208
I completely messed up the 8 marker on ethical implications and forgot all about it and wrote about protection from harm, debriefing 😡😡

You had to talk about research and it’s implications. I spoke about Bowlby’s monotropic theory being deterministic and socially sensitive as it gives people a dull outlook on life. I then mentioned the severity of Zimbardo’s research and how that has lead to psychologists having to consider ethical issues when conducting research.
depends on your evaluation and application as well

evaluation for what?

All i spoke about was:

-Siffre cave study
-Results of the study and how his internal rhytm did not conform to the normal period
-The importance of light on SCN
-Entrainment of enviroment and circadian rhytm
-Synchronization
-Light for Julia
-then I repeated points similair for Julia
Original post by ashaxo99
can someone please tell me how many marks out of 8 you reckon i got on the ethical implications question. i basically have no idea what they are but i started by saying that ethical implications refer to the effects on society research may have for example the effects on public policy and through the way it represents participants.

then as an example i outlined research into adoption studies and basically said that its led to public policy being influence for example through children in orphanages being assigned a key worker to ensure attachment occurs and this is beneficial to society.

then i also outlined research into aggression surrounding the prefrontal cortex and spoke about how this has ethical implications through ensuring that juries can make the right decisions in ensuring that they may take into account that some criminals may kill due to their biology and so better decisions are made in courts etc

Sounds pretty good to me. Wouldn’t be surprised if it got full marks, or close to full marks. I spoke about Bowlby’s monotropic theory and Zimbardo :smile:
Original post by Alevelstudent176
I put observation and insrtuctured interviews. What did Yous wrote for why measuring heart rate was a problem or reductionist whatever it said?

Heart rate could have been increased due to fear/anxiety i.e. fight or flight
For the ethical implications Q it was a discuss so I put one AO3 point. I explaining ethical implications, linked it to bowlbys monotrphic theory, then said how it’s also socially sensitive, again linking it back. And then my AO3 was the subjective views on whether research with ethical issues and socially impacts should be conducted or not. Some argue it should but u should consider the 3 issues proposed by sieber and Stanley as it increases our knowledge of underrepresented areas in psychology, but others disagree. Do you think that will get marks? I only did bowlbys theory as asked for at least one and on the spot I couldn’t think of anything else aha?
Original post by MilenaKaterina
For the aggression essay I did SLT (modelling) and FA hypothesis ( mentioned all ao1) and linked both to stem with 3 Ao3s including supporting evi and how SLT is less determinist. Do you think that would get about 12?

Would probably get around that as you didn’t mention deindividuation
Original post by Sjejeh
What did you guys get for the first question on cultural relativism holism etc?
I got DBCA...

Same!
Original post by HustleIsKey
yeahhhh i got that. Lool that's the only answer I was really looking for on here.

Thats what I got :smile:
Original post by Duffy27
Would probably get around that as you didn’t mention deindividuation

I don’t think you had to mention all 3 tho. The Q said at least one so I thought I would do two. How did you link it to the stem? I said about modelling of the friends and frustration from loosing the game?
Original post by KittyLuver
What did everyone get for the answer in aggression question 1?? I put B and E i wasnt sure...

I believe that’s what I got :smile:
Original post by gwrren
I put B and C as I'm pretty sure the MAOA gene is responsible for the production of the enzyme of MAOA so I thought it couldn't be linked to testosterone or serotonin

MAOA breaks down serotonin, so it was B and E
Original post by MilenaKaterina
I don’t think you had to mention all 3 tho. The Q said at least one so I thought I would do two. How did you link it to the stem? I said about modelling of the friends and frustration from loosing the game?

Actually yeah sorry you could get away with just doing 2!! I said it was deindividuation as he was in a crowd of people and joined in thinking he could get away with it without being caught, and used the quote that was something like “Everyone else started fighting so I just joined in.” Then I mentioned SLT as he observed and imitated his idols (the players) as well as copying his friends. Then I mentioned frustration aggression as he said “My team lost again it isn’t fair.” Then evaluated it by mentioning a piece of supporting research for each, then evaluated this supporting research.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 199
I messed up so bad on issues and debates

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending