The Student Room Group

A month without...

So from July 1st and throughout the whole month I'll not be having any fizzy drinks whatsoever. It's a bet me and my mate had, he thinks I won't be able to do it XD

Anyone else here done the same thing (even if it's for a different type of drink or food), or is anyone else here doing it right now?

Scroll to see replies

Xddddddddddddddddd
Reply 2
I did Dry January (no alcohol) without any problems. It may be hard at the start but you'll get used to it.
Reply 3
Original post by UWS
I did Dry January (no alcohol) without any problems. It may be hard at the start but you'll get used to it.

Yeah I mean I currently have Pepsi Max like everyday, I'd say I'm addicted to it, but I think I'll be fine. I'll just think that if I do it then it'll feel more like a treat in August (my Birthday) and he bet me £5, gonna give that to charity if I do it I know it isn't much but it's just a bit of fun haha
Original post by beano150
So from July 1st and throughout the whole month I'll not be having any fizzy drinks whatsoever. It's a bet me and my mate had, he thinks I won't be able to do it XD

Anyone else here done the same thing (even if it's for a different type of drink or food), or is anyone else here doing it right now?

I didn't have chocolate for the whole of 2015. It made no difference to me without it!

I hope you can do it! How often do you drink fizzy drinks?
Reply 5
Original post by DrawTheLine
I didn't have chocolate for the whole of 2015. It made no difference to me without it!

I hope you can do it! How often do you drink fizzy drinks?

Pepsi Max is something I have nearly everyday. I know I definitely shouldn't... but I'm seriously addicted lol. It'll also save me money I would've spent on it throughout the month if I do it XD
My advice: replace it, don't just cut it. Find something healthier you want to drink. Nice to see you trying this. I'm becoming a vegetarian in a couple weeks time. That'll be my challenge.
Reply 7
Original post by sonny.jim
My advice: replace it, don't just cut it. Find something healthier you want to drink. Nice to see you trying this. I'm becoming a vegetarian in a couple weeks time. That'll be my challenge.

I would if I wasn't so addicted lol. But yes I can see why it makes sense to replace it. Good luck with your vegetarian challenge
Pepsi Max is something I have nearly everyday. I know I definitely shouldn't... but I'm seriously addicted lol. It'll also save me money I would've spent on it throughout the month if I do it XD

You should get a jar and every day put the money you would have spent on Pepsi in the jar. By the end of the month you'll see how much money you could have every month extra by not buying them so often. Hopefully it'll help you cut down for future months too.
Reply 9
I'm currently doing dry june
I would if I wasn't so addicted lol. But yes I can see why it makes sense to replace it. Good luck with your vegetarian challenge

I appreciate that, thank you! It's a permanent lifestyle change for me and it's gonna be tough, but for all the reasons I want to remain a meat-eater and enjoy a McDonald's burger, there are a thousand reasons to stop.
Reply 11
You should get a jar and every day put the money you would have spent on Pepsi in the jar. By the end of the month you'll see how much money you could have every month extra by not buying them so often. Hopefully it'll help you cut down for future months too.

Not a bad idea. I usually pay with Google Pay so I'd have to withdraw money to do so. However, my bank balance would be somewhat healthier in the sense that it'd be roughly £30 higher than what it usually is as one bottle is £1 or so depending where it's bought from.
Reply 12
Original post by sonny.jim
I appreciate that, thank you! It's a permanent lifestyle change for me and it's gonna be tough, but for all the reasons I want to remain a meat-eater and enjoy a McDonald's burger, there are a thousand reasons to stop.

Probably more than a thousand, and yeah I would try the vegetarian challenge but (no disrespect) I'm a fussy eater so if I did there would be a very limited choice to what I'd eat
Not a bad idea. I usually pay with Google Pay so I'd have to withdraw money to do so. However, my bank balance would be somewhat healthier in the sense that it'd be roughly £30 higher than what it usually is as one bottle is £1 or so depending where it's bought from.

£360 a year more in your bank account!

Ive cut out Tea, Coffee and Coke havn't had any for nearly a month been easy when there is none in your house but you do have urges to buy one when your in the shop or something but ive held out for nearly a month so far :smile:

It’s really not hard, speaking from personal experience. Once you start eating healthy and do regular exercise you’ll become motivated and won’t eat junk food (:
Reply 16
£360 a year more in your bank account!

Yeah! Actually, you could buy a decent phone with that - even if it's refurbished and second hand.. it'd last longer than a bottle of Pepsi Max which lasts about 10 minutes if that during my dinner
Reply 17
Original post by AkshayManjunath
It’s really not hard, speaking from personal experience. Once you start eating healthy and do regular exercise you’ll become motivated and won’t eat junk food (:

Ah I exercise at the gym regularly lol, but I don't think this should be too hard for me
Yeah! Actually, you could buy a decent phone with that - even if it's refurbished and second hand.. it'd last longer than a bottle of Pepsi Max which lasts about 10 minutes if that during my dinner

There you go - there's your motivation to keep it up :smile:
Ah I exercise at the gym regularly lol, but I don't think this should be too hard for me

Yeah, you’re gonna smash it bro 👊🏾👍🏾

Quick Reply

Latest