Is it too late to start a blog?

Watch
wevegot
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've had two beauty and fashion blogs in the past, one in 2009 with my friend and another in 2011 which I kept a secret. Both did alright because back then everyone else was trying to be a blogger so a lot of the comments and followers were people trying to get their own names out there.

But now we're in 2018 and even I don't check that many blogs regularly. Back in the day when youtube was less popular, people went to blogs for reviews. Now everyone just searches on youtube. The big blogs seem to have died down and a lot of them have focussed their attention on their youtube channels.

I'm itching to start a new one but I'm wondering if it's pointless in 2018. I feel like for a successful blog you need youtube and instagram alongside it but I want to keep this new one a secret.

It would be optimistic to say of course it isn't too late, do what makes you happy etc. But realistically, what do you reckon?

Obvs this wouldn't be a blog on TSR btw.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by wevegot)
I've had two beauty and fashion blogs in the past, one in 2009 with my friend and another in 2011 which I kept a secret. Both did alright because back then everyone else was trying to be a blogger so a lot of the comments and followers were people trying to get their own names out there.

But now we're in 2018 and even I don't check that many blogs regularly. Back in the day when youtube was less popular, people went to blogs for reviews. Now everyone just searches on youtube. The big blogs seem to have died down and a lot of them have focussed their attention on their youtube channels.

I'm itching to start a new one but I'm wondering if it's pointless in 2018. I feel like for a successful blog you need youtube and instagram alongside it but I want to keep this new one a secret.

It would be optimistic to say of course it isn't too late, do what makes you happy etc. But realistically, what do you reckon?

Go for it if you want to! You never know how people will take it unless you do it.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by wevegot)

Depends on why you're wanting to do it. If you're wanting to become famous or make loads of money then there's probably no point.
If you're wanting to have some fun, share some tips and just generally enjoy the experience then it's absolutely worth it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (107)
40.53%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
10.98%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (19)
7.2%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (59)
22.35%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (31)
11.74%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
7.2%

Watched Threads