Student Union at LJMU? Watch

Burges
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm thinking of making ljmu my firm choice next year, but from what I've heard the student union there is pretty sh*t. For me student unions look like they are a crucial part of any university and I would be disappointed if I started at ljmu and it didn't have much of a SU. So if anyone who goes there has any opinions on it, I'd love to know. And also any information about the uni in general. Thanks in advance
Liverpool John Moores
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Burges,

I actually hear people saying that LJMU doesn't have an SU quite a lot, or that we might as well not have one. Complete hogwash

We do have a very well established SU, the only difference is that we don't have a dedicated uni SU bar like Edge Hill. Unfortunately for some, that's all they want in an SU. We have multiple SU minihubs across all the campuses where you can go and talk about societies, campaigns, events or just grab some advice. With a lot of aspects of university, your experience with the SU will often depend on if you make the effort to get involved! They provide plenty of events, discounts and can help you set up or improve a society among to name few benefits. They also provide every first year student with a free NUS card as far as I know.

They love feedback and want you to actively get involved with the uni as a student rep or you can campaign to be on the SU yourself! They recently added several 'social spaces' into the uni buildings after getting some feedback from students, which are pretty cool. Beanbags, fancy lights etc.

I could sit here all day talking about the SU so I would personally visit their website to find out more: https://www.liverpoolsu.com/

You can find a lot of general information on the LJMU websites. If you're after any advice or specific information feel free to ask!

All the best,
Alex (LJMU rep)
TQV2000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Out of interest, does attendance at LJMU afford access to the Uni Guild building on Brownlow Hill?
Liverpool John Moores
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TQV2000)
Out of interest, does attendance at LJMU afford access to the Uni Guild building on Brownlow Hill?
Quite simply, yes!
TQV2000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Liverpool John Moores)
Quite simply, yes!
Thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Liverpool John Moores University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • Liverpool John Moores University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 7 Nov '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (129)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (63)
9.55%
No I am happy with my course choice (374)
56.67%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (94)
14.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed