Edexcel Unit 4C: Governing the USA (unofficial mark-scheme) Watch

HubertoE
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Thoughts on the paper first of all?
Personally I think that it went fine, it was just some 15 markers that tripped me out

Discuss what stuff you put for what questions

15 markers
1. What are the three functions of the original US constitution?

2. Outline the reasons for presidential nominations of supreme court candidates.

3. Are there significant differences between Senate and House of Representatives Power?

4. Assess the significance of the EXOP in the executive branch.

5. Explain 3 liberal and conservative disagreements on US constitutional rights.

45 markers
1. Has the judiciary become more powerful?

2. Has the power of the president been increasingly constrained?

3. The functions of congress have been not done properly. Discuss (worded something like that)
Ellawp
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
The other 45 marker was discussing if the judiciary had become more powerful but can't remember the other 15 marker
archie2607
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I answered the first one: principles of the constitution, I then did the HOR and Senate one and lastly the liberal conservative disagreements. Did anyone else do these 15 markers and what did you put???
Ellawp
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I did the liberal/conservative viewpoints on too and talked about the differing views on the 1st, 2nd and 8th amendments.For the other 2, I answered the EXOP and the impacts on the president's supreme court nominations. Then I answered the powers of the president question for the 45 marker.
HubertoE
Rep:
?
(Original post by archie2607)
I answered the first one: principles of the constitution, I then did the HOR and Senate one and lastly the liberal conservative disagreements. Did anyone else do these 15 markers and what did you put???
I did HOR and Senate 15 too,

-1st paragraph I put the only powers that HOR has like money bills, electing president if college is deadlocked and they start the impeachment trail

-2nd paragraph I put only powers that Senate has like confirming appointments of presidents to cabinet eg. Steven Chu or Hilary in Obama's cabinet and also to supreme court (I put that Robert Bork was rejected as a supreme court nominee in 1987). Also talked that they elect vice president if electoral college is deadlocked

-3rd paragraph I put the shared powers between the houses like legislation passing and over turning 2/3 for presidential veto by both houses stuff

I had like 10 minutes and the other 15 marker I did was the one about conservatives and liberals but messed it up

I talked about 2nd amendment of weapons debate between the two sides and then talked about homosexual marriage and immigration but that's probably wrong as the question was specifically asking for constitutional rights but my mind was just going back to the previous topic. Oh well, too late to change it now, only a 15 marker though but the 45 marker was really nice on this paper
HubertoE
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ellawp)
I did the liberal/conservative viewpoints on too and talked about the differing views on the 1st, 2nd and 8th amendments.For the other 2, I answered the EXOP and the impacts on the president's supreme court nominations. Then I answered the powers of the president question for the 45 marker.
That 45 marker was so nice, lots of stuff to talk about. Couldn't of had a better question rly in my opinion
Ellawp
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by HubertoE)
That 45 marker was so nice, lots of stuff to talk about. Couldn't of had a better question rly in my opinion
Same, I was so happy when I saw it as I'd been revising the presidency all the night before
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (99)
57.56%
No (73)
42.44%

Watched Threads