Edexcel Unit 4C: Governing the USA (unofficial mark-scheme)Watch this thread
Personally I think that it went fine, it was just some 15 markers that tripped me out
Discuss what stuff you put for what questions
1. What are the three functions of the original US constitution?
2. Outline the reasons for presidential nominations of supreme court candidates.
3. Are there significant differences between Senate and House of Representatives Power?
4. Assess the significance of the EXOP in the executive branch.
5. Explain 3 liberal and conservative disagreements on US constitutional rights.
1. Has the judiciary become more powerful?
2. Has the power of the president been increasingly constrained?
3. The functions of congress have been not done properly. Discuss (worded something like that)
I answered the first one: principles of the constitution, I then did the HOR and Senate one and lastly the liberal conservative disagreements. Did anyone else do these 15 markers and what did you put???
-1st paragraph I put the only powers that HOR has like money bills, electing president if college is deadlocked and they start the impeachment trail
-2nd paragraph I put only powers that Senate has like confirming appointments of presidents to cabinet eg. Steven Chu or Hilary in Obama's cabinet and also to supreme court (I put that Robert Bork was rejected as a supreme court nominee in 1987). Also talked that they elect vice president if electoral college is deadlocked
-3rd paragraph I put the shared powers between the houses like legislation passing and over turning 2/3 for presidential veto by both houses stuff
I had like 10 minutes and the other 15 marker I did was the one about conservatives and liberals but messed it up
I talked about 2nd amendment of weapons debate between the two sides and then talked about homosexual marriage and immigration but that's probably wrong as the question was specifically asking for constitutional rights but my mind was just going back to the previous topic. Oh well, too late to change it now, only a 15 marker though but the 45 marker was really nice on this paper
I did the liberal/conservative viewpoints on too and talked about the differing views on the 1st, 2nd and 8th amendments.For the other 2, I answered the EXOP and the impacts on the president's supreme court nominations. Then I answered the powers of the president question for the 45 marker.