The Student Room Group

Will Subway pay me for the work I've already done if I quit?

I've just started working at Subway over the holiday to make some money to pay for a house deposit, but it's already turning into something of a nightmare.

Since my trial shift on Tuesday, I have:

Had to ask the manager to take me off weekends after she posted the schedule (I had already specifically said to her, and someone else, that I couldn't do weekends),

Been scheduled to open the shop on my own, at 6am, within a week of starting, and been scheduled to open with someone else at the same time for the next two days after that,

and the whole experience generally has just been too overwhelming for me to deal with. It's totally not what I wanted to be doing, and it's just making me feel awful.

I'm rambling so I can explain everything, but the general gist is that I need to quit, but I was wondering whether or not they'd still pay me for the 20ish hours I've already done?
Bite the bullet and stick it out.

Working in a Subway making sandwiches...seriously, how hard can it really be?
Get your first pay check and bounce!
Reply 3
Original post by AdamIsTalking
I've just started working at Subway over the holiday to make some money to pay for a house deposit, but it's already turning into something of a nightmare.

Since my trial shift on Tuesday, I have:

Had to ask the manager to take me off weekends after she posted the schedule (I had already specifically said to her, and someone else, that I couldn't do weekends),

Been scheduled to open the shop on my own, at 6am, within a week of starting, and been scheduled to open with someone else at the same time for the next two days after that,

and the whole experience generally has just been too overwhelming for me to deal with. It's totally not what I wanted to be doing, and it's just making me feel awful.

I'm rambling so I can explain everything, but the general gist is that I need to quit, but I was wondering whether or not they'd still pay me for the 20ish hours I've already done?

Have you signed a contract?
If so look at the terms on there, I know it's common for employers to withhold wages where an employee does not give enough notice to the employer that they are leaving, but whether that still applies within the first 6 months probationary period I don't know.

Seems a bit silly asking a new person to open up by themselves within the first week, unless they're purely doing it to see if you'll stick it out...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending