The Student Room Group

LSE chances

Hi,
I have heard that this a really competitive degree, with about 1500 aplicants and only about 100 places. What are my chances of getting selected based of Grades alone?
GCSE: 7A*, A, 3B, C
A Level prediction: maths-A*, chem-A*, bio-A*
Cheers
Reply 1
What course ?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Accounting and Finance
hi mate. I got an offer to study at LSE starting this September - so I can help you out here

Your GCSE's are slightly worse than mine were. Your A level predictions are 3 A*s, mine were A*AAA, so arguably better than mine despite doing 3.

However, the most important thing is your personal statement. trust me, literally everyone applying will have ridiculous grades, thats a given. on the offer holder day I was speaking to people who had already achieved 3 A*s, people predicted 4A*s etc. Grades just get your application looked at rather than immediately thrown in the bin.

There will be about 9 or 10 people with the same grades as you who they have to choose from, and they will do this based on your PS. This is where you need to show just how keen you are for the subject. You definitely have a chance with your grades - now it's just about writing a ridiculous PS to get you in.

Best of luck pal
Reply 4
Thanks mate,
I really appreciate that!
Have you got any tips on how to structure the personal statement and what to include in it?
Your chances are good.

As George said, a good personal statement with a brief analysis of some economics-related books you've read is a good start.
Reply 6
Also, George did you receive an conditional or unconditional offer. If you received a conditional offer what was the offer.
Original post by SorabVij
Also, George did you receive an conditional or unconditional offer. If you received a conditional offer what was the offer.

offer was conditional, of achieving AAA, including A in maths.

As for the personal statement, you need to talk about why you're interested. this will be easy if you genuinely are. read some books related to economics/finance and talk about them in your ps. say why you like them, or why you disagree with them in places.
also any relevant work experience is key - talk about what you learnt and how it's made you want to learn more.

you need to show passion, not say you have passion. there is a big difference between the two!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending