The Student Room Group

OCR Law (AS and A2)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
lol im not learning theft.
wel i have learnt dishonesty bcos i think it could come up in an essay and its pretty easy to learn - however i havent learnt anything else on theft. i'll just do the other qquestion
Reply 181
Zak
I got psycho on monday aswell. How am I going to cope, my wrist is very fragile at the moment.

I know the feeling! I've got Law, Psych and History on Monday...trying to work out what to revise is a bitch. Think I'm going to use tomorrow pretty much solely for law, and drop one or two of the defences, and try to fit in some Psych & History on Monday morning/during my breaks. :s-smilie:
I think my hand may have completely given up by the end of the day!

C-
Wow I thought I had it bad...

If GNM and Attempts comes up then I will cry

I think I may leave out defences apart from Instanity
Ok you seem to all be talking about leaving **** out.

May I ask about the structure of the exam.

I know part A is a choice of 3, does this include EVERYTHING?

Part B is a problem im guessing theyll ask about either liability or what defence could be used.

C dilemma.

So what i'm asking is is there a specific selection of topics that are due for each section or is it just a free for all?
A is on one topic not everything so one on strict liability, one on a defence etc, and the other one is a scenerio so theres going to be a scenerio and your going to have to pick out the offences and possible defences, the last one is the same but your basically acting like an advisor saying if each of the 4 statement are true or not backed up with cases.
would i be alright not learning consent and theft?
Reply 186
Yeah im not doing theft either...you can just do the other question. If you're not doing theft its a good idea to do non-fatal offences :|
Jamsta*
Yeah im not doing theft either...you can just do the other question. If you're not doing theft its a good idea to do non-fatal offences :|

ok cool. theft is ridiculously lengthy.

Non fatal i can handle :smile:
Reply 188
theft is horriblee! Even non-fatal seems impossible to me! Im not sure if i should do consent with non-fatal though? I've seen them together in the dilemma board :s-smilie:
oh really? ugh.

maybe ill skim over consent.

im hoping for a bit of duress :smile:
guys... do you think i can get away with not revising duress?
Reply 191
im not revising duress.:eek:
lol good!
Reply 193
Agh i'd love duress for section C, voluntary manslaughter for section B and something on insanity for section A...would be perfect!
Reply 194
No matter how much I revise a topic, as soon as I go onto another topic I forget everything!
Argh!
I hate this damn subject :frown:

Is anyone expecting an essay question on some form of mens rea (intent/recklessness)?
Reply 195
ljsefton
No matter how much I revise a topic, as soon as I go onto another topic I forget everything!
Argh!
I hate this damn subject :frown:

Is anyone expecting an essay question on some form of mens rea (intent/recklessness)?

I kno exactlyy how u feel...and i just dont know how to make it stay in my head!! I hope there isnt a question on intent or recklessness..i'll be DOOMED :frown:
Reply 196
Hmmm, I'd love one on omissions but it seems they've done it too many times now.
I'd hate one on insanity to be honest, and strict liability is, well, dry!

I think I'm dreading the essay question the most on this paper, section C seems easy so long as you know the point of law and section B is ok...
Reply 197
Yeah my teacher said ommissions is unlikely for a section A...personally i find section C quite difficult..i don't know y i think i don't know what's relevant and what isn't. Apparently atempts is also a likely one! I haven't even looked at strcit liabilty..im SO going to fail :'(
Reply 198
Me too! I know nothing, not like I should, I know bits.
I'm not too keen on attempts but I shall look at this and leave strict liability out.
Really nervous now though :frown:
OK Please help.
Section A is an essay?
Section B is ?
Section C is problem questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending