The Student Room Group

Spanish writing gcse 2018

how did you find it?

Scroll to see replies

Horrible
Which exam board did you have? (I had edexcel)
Original post by _abbey_
how did you find it?

good I suppose, I managed to squeeze a few subjunctive phrases in like ojalá hubieria mas, si tuviera mas dinero, si fuera rica etc.... but I feel like I made quite a few grammatical mistakes. idk its just driving me insane not knowing what the grade boundaries are gonna be, how did you find it?
Reply 4
Original post by criggles
Which exam board did you have? (I had edexcel)

i had aqa
Reply 5
Original post by jucielucy
good I suppose, I managed to squeeze a few subjunctive phrases in like ojalá hubieria mas, si tuviera mas dinero, si fuera rica etc.... but I feel like I made quite a few grammatical mistakes. idk its just driving me insane not knowing what the grade boundaries are gonna be, how did you find it?

I thought it was going to be much harder!- i think it went well, which exam board did you have?
Original post by _abbey_
I thought it was going to be much harder!- i think it went well, which exam board did you have?

Aqa!
aqa went well hopefully
How was translation guys?
I didn't find it too hard. I got the translation done in under ten minutes then I spent about forty minutes on question 1b and the remaining time on question 2b. I knew absolutely nothing about the environment so I went for shopping which was a lot easier and I didn't know what to say about school plays so I spoke about the family competition thing. I got in quite a few idioms (tuvimos mas lana que un borrega, la crema de la cosecha, la sangre llama, etc.) managed to work the subjunctive into my first answer, got lots of opinions in and used a variety of linking words (sin embargo, pero, aunque, hasta que...) along with a bunch of complex structures. I probably made tiny grammatical mistakes (I feel like I conjugated 'morir' wrong in the preterite but I can't remember whether I wrote muero' or murio') but overall, the exam went fairly well for me! I got down everything I needed to and covered all of the points, so it's all good.
Original post by FroopSploop
I didn't find it too hard. I got the translation done in under ten minutes then I spent about forty minutes on question 1b and the remaining time on question 2b. I knew absolutely nothing about the environment so I went for shopping which was a lot easier and I didn't know what to say about school plays so I spoke about the family competition thing. I got in quite a few idioms (tuvimos mas lana que un borrega, la crema de la cosecha, la sangre llama, etc.) managed to work the subjunctive into my first answer, got lots of opinions in and used a variety of linking words (sin embargo, pero, aunque, hasta que...) along with a bunch of complex structures. I probably made tiny grammatical mistakes (I feel like I conjugated 'morir' wrong in the preterite but I can't remember whether I wrote muero' or murio') but overall, the exam went fairly well for me! I got down everything I needed to and covered all of the points, so it's all good.

what was translation about?

(Original post by aishwarya_ma)what was translation about?

it may come in my mocks
Original post by aishwarya_ma
(Original post by aishwarya_ma)what was translation about?

it may come in my mocks

I don't remember, haha. The exam was months ago.
Original post by FroopSploop
I don't remember, haha. The exam was months ago.

What were the questions roughly about for the writing
yh does anyone remember the questions?
[redacted]
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by _abbey_
i had aqa

heya do you roughly remember the writing themes/questions ?

ik its late but i my spanish mock is tommorow and i would appreciate it if you could convey ur msg tonight xx
[redacted]
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by r_k.han
heya do you roughly remember the writing themes/questions ?

ik its late but i my spanish mock is tommorow and i would appreciate it if you could convey ur msg tonight xx

Do yu know what came on yur spanish exams could yu tell me plz
Original post by Izzy_ 89
Do yu know what came on yur spanish exams could yu tell me plz

dont remember but it was easy af, listening was tough and reading had one or 2 tough questions
Original post by Fitness X Study
dont remember but it was easy af, listening was tough and reading had one or 2 tough questions

I've done the listening and reading it's just the writing I wanted to ask did environments come on it

Quick Reply

Latest