The Student Room Group

Why do girls push nice guys away?

I tried to give this girl everything she wanted - but she just ended it on the fact I pushed her for what she wanted. How stupid can you get?

Came across as all desperate for something, then now you've got your person you push it away. Why do that? Then it's funny they always come running!

Scroll to see replies

I see "nice guy" and immediately think 'neck beard'
i know how you feel cos i'm a girl who pulls **** like this. you can't choose what you like i guess
I've actually had enough of these nice guy threads. The answer is girls don't care if guys are nice or not they want a guy who is good looking. And perhaps you are not as good looking as they want you to be, so go for girls on your own level.
It's probably the fact that some girls don't have an idea of what they want in a guy so try to go for the popular yet not so caring ones.
R/redpill
Reply 6
Original post by mabelchiltern
i know how you feel cos i'm a girl who pulls **** like this. you can't choose what you like i guess

Problem is she really liked me. But she's ended it on the basis I pushed her for what she told me she wanted long-term. But It was me trying to reassure her.

Original post by Pearlfection1
It's probably the fact that some girls don't have an idea of what they want in a guy so try to go for the popular yet not so caring ones.

They are ****ing themselves over then? Why do it?
Reply 7
Girls dont push guys who are nice away, or at least i dont. Girls push 'nice guys' away. Because that's code for boring unfortunately :/
Being nice is a good quality but a lot of people want someone who is kind, not someone who hasnt got a backbone.
For me personally being kind/ nice is good but it cant be you main quality and the main quality when i think of you because again that's boring and not going to keep someone interested. It should rather be something like funny or interesting, making sure you know how to make her laugh etc etc and again having boundaries and a backbone.
(edited 5 years ago)
Love Island
Just saying.... someone had to do it :P
Original post by Anonymous
I tried to give this girl everything she wanted - but she just ended it on the fact I pushed her for what she wanted. How stupid can you get?

Came across as all desperate for something, then now you've got your person you push it away. Why do that? Then it's funny they always come running!

I tend to do that, i know it’s really bad but it is what it is I guess
Reply 10
I've actually had enough of these nice guy threads. The answer is girls don't care if guys are nice or not they want a guy who is good looking. And perhaps you are not as good looking as they want you to be, so go for girls on your own level.

it's not just looks though, girls are attracted to other qualities too. Otherwise you would see all decent/ hot guys dating upwards and not down (looks wise)
Being nice is only one quality. If you're Boring then girls ae going to lose interest. To be interesting, you need a variety of qualities that make you appealing as well as being nice.
they reject us just because we are gamers even though studies have shown we are better in bed due to our honed gamer reflexes
(edited 5 years ago)
nice guy meaning: shy, no game at all and clingy as f*ck? i wonder why girls are not attracted..
Reply 14
Because you flooded the market with your attention. Once you flood the market with too much of something its value goes down. Same goes for you, you gave her too much attention and therefore you dropped your sexual market value and so she shes you as a low life. Which is why dirt has little value compared to diamonds because there is so much of it in supply, meanwhile diamonds are high in value as they are very scare and in low supply, increasing the demand for them.

And stop chasing women, focus on yourself first, increase your sexual market value. Living in your mother's basement, playing World of Warcraft, all fat and growing a neck beard puts your sexual market value at -500. Take care.
Original post by BitMel
Girls dont push guys who are nice away, or at least i dont. Girls push 'nice guys' away. Because that's code for boring unfortunately :/
Being nice is a good quality but a lot of people want someone who is kind, not someone who hasnt got a backbone.
For me personally being kind/ nice is good but it cant be you main quality and the main quality when i think of you because again that's boring and not going to keep someone interested. It should rather be something like funny or interesting, making sure you know how to make her laugh etc etc and again having boundaries and a backbone.

100% agreed. if you're nice and only nice then i mean........ you're a bit boring
nice guy meaning: shy, no game at all and clingy as f*ck? i wonder why girls are not attracted..

nah, nice guy is literally only nice. so a bit boring. i've met loads of guys who can't flirt and are shy but are very funny and interesting people
Are you a nice guy or a "nice guy"?

If you're willing to go to huge extents for a girl but not your own parents then you may as well not bother.

Real talk.
This is going to turn into a "if she breathes she's a thot" vs "all women are queens" debate
Original post by johnny.snow
Are you a nice guy or a "nice guy"?

If you're willing to go to huge extents for a girl but not your own parents then you may as well not bother.

Real talk.

Good point. I valued more into her than my mum lately. Ouch!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending