The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

Ronaldo vs Spain

Friday, 7pm.

Should be good.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
5-0 Portugal. Bet on it. It’s the magic of the FIFA Cup.
Inb4 Ronaldo masterclass
Original post by S.G.
5-0 Portugal. Bet on it. It’s the magic of the FIFA Cup.

I agree it's magic and well worth the two year wait.

Just hope Spain don't lose 1-1.
Reply 4
Original post by Wilfred Little
I agree it's magic and well worth the two year wait.

Just hope Spain don't lose 1-1.

Seriously though, Spain have started slowly these last two world cups and I think were kept to a draw in the Euro 2012 opener as well. That recent history of slow starts, sacking their manager I give Portugal a decent chance at a draw.
I have Spain in the office sweepstake..... Hopefully Sergio Ramos will stand on Ronaldo's toe in the first minute.
I'm so glad this is 7pm and not during the day. Honestly so gutted i'm at work during the tournament.
Spain's gonna win it, 3-1
Friday, 7pm.

Should be good.

The thread name is a bit unfair, as it indicates that Portugal is just a one-man-show. Ronaldo alone is nothing without a team.

Spain will win, that is the way I see this match.
Friday, 7pm.

Should be good.
bro, De gea is basically best in work imo and a strong defence is always better than a strong offence. Watch it'll be 2-1 to Spain. Plus they won it in 2014 or 2010 whichever one it was.. soo yeah
Original post by sr90
I'm so glad this is 7pm and not during the day. Honestly so gutted i'm at work during the tournament.

You can always ring 'sick' ^^
Original post by Sulfolobus
I have Spain in the office sweepstake..... Hopefully Sergio Ramos will stand on Ronaldo's toe in the first minute.

That is a bit too easy for Ramos, hope that he is more creative as in Champions League final when he changed football to Judo for a moment. :biggrin:
Gone for a draw.. neither side wants to loose.. both will know that they can still top the group with a draw by hammering the other teams..but if they loose that's their chances at being top over

Maybe one side will walk away with it, but I think this game will be underwhelming and feature a lot of defensive possession.

If I could only watch one game, the Uruguay game would be my pick over this
Reply 13
Two dead games today, hopefully this one will liven things up
Haha at title

Great start Ronnie. So far so good.
Portugal 2-1 Spain
Original post by BIGLadYosif
Spain's gonna win it, 3-1

Yup it's going Spain's way...
Ronaldo dived for that penalty
Stunning goal by Costa
Reply 18