Iran v Morocco Watch

ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Iran are without their key defensive midfielder (think like Carrick or Pirlo), but boast an exciting, fluid, varied and in-form and award-winning attack. (See here for a more detailed overview of Iran.)

Most familiar name might be Ghoddos, who led Ostersunds to Europa League upsets, with goals and assists in games against Galatasaray, PAOK, through the group stage and in a historic win at Arsenal.

Don't know a lot about Morocco, but they struggle away from home, but got a win when it mattered in Ivory Coast to qualify. Their players play for more prestigious clubs and they're slight favourites.

But can an unspectacular Moroccan attack squeeze a goal through an Iranian defence that kept 9 cleans sheets in 9 to qualify? Can Iran reach their attacking potential and get past Morocco's defence led by Juventus' Benatia?

Normally you'd put money on 0-0, but this is the must-win game for both teams, and the last match to be set up like that ended with a 5-0 win for the hosts...
GlockInmyRari
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Keep an eye on Jahanbakhsh. He will perform well.
He's always fresh and surprising in his actions.
faloodeh
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
lol i hope iran doesnt lose because theres a high chance they will against portugal and spain...
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Betting wise, gone with the consensus on this one.. that will be low scoring. Bonus points if it's a draw.

It's a must win, but also a must not loose. I think it will be cagey until near the end, where if it's still a draw, both teams will just throw everything at it
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
I think it will be cagey until near the end, where if it's still a draw, both teams will just throw everything at it
I don't see Iran doing that. Iran will be supremely confident of getting a point (or snatching 3) against a sabotaged Spain and an unspectacular Portugal, so they'll take a point if it's getting tense.

Plus if it's a draw with 15 minutes to go, they'll know Morocco need to come at them more than they do, and that just plays into their fierce counter-attacking hands.
scriggy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've chosen Iran as my Hipster second team this year. Feel like they might surprise surprise a few people. Enjoyed the article there as well nice work man.

Also they've got to be the best looking team at the tournament haven't they?

(no homo)
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have Morocco in the sweepstakes so rooting for them today.
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
"This is Morocco v Iran, so let's talk about England for the next 20 minutes. Here's our dramatic, artsy ITV piece with that bloke trying to talk poetically like a McDonalds advert."

(Original post by scriggy)
I've chosen Iran as my Hipster second team this year. Feel like they might surprise surprise a few people. Enjoyed the article there as well nice work man.

Also they've got to be the best looking team at the tournament haven't they?

(no homo)
Thanks mang.

Iranians tend to have good genes. We all start out metrosexual with gelled hair and Italian good looks.

Then as we get older we split into 2 groups:

1) grow a goatee/beard, go stylishly grey and age well like George Clooney

or

2) grow hair everywhere, maybe have a giant moustache, get a belly and go bald and end up looking more like a grumpy Greek head chef.
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Ghoddos on the bench then, awaiting the time to take the tournament by storm!
scriggy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
"This is Morocco v Iran, so let's talk about England for the next 20 minutes. Here's our dramatic, artsy ITV piece with that bloke trying to talk poetically like a McDonalds advert."

Thanks mang.

Iranians tend to have good genes. We all start out metrosexual with gelled hair and Italian good looks.

Then as we get older we split into 2 groups:

1) grow a goatee/beard, go stylishly grey and age well like George Clooney

or

2) grow hair everywhere, maybe have a giant moustache, get a belly and go bald and end up looking more like a grumpy Greek head chef.
My Dads got Middle Eastern blood in him so I wouldn't look out of place in their squad I reckon, though currently I'm going down the Greek head chef route. :lol:
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nike ****ed them with **** Trumper's sanctions
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Carlos is gonna sort these guys out at half time. They all need to calm their tits and play without fear.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Pretty end to end this so far
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Azmoun did well to get the shot in after getting it stuck in his feet, nice attempt by Jahanbskhahkshznksan.

They're missing passes to guys clearly open beside them, with LOADS of time, even right in front of them for the corner.

Morocco are mess and can be carved apart. Get Ghoddos on!
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Awful game.
scriggy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Aye it's Iran's for the taking this
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Honk honk honk
honk honk honk
hoooooooooooooooooooooonk
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Taremi coming on, back-to-back Iranian Player of the Year, he's going to move about and surprise centre-backs by floating in and sometimes playing even ahead of striker Azmoun.

Very positive change and a new gameplan being used. Carlos has a lot of options.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Gone quite poor now
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Experienced defender coming on for Iran, thank goodness.

YES, Ghoddos on.

Iran will flood the area but keep Ghoddos, Taremi and Azmoun forward to hopefully get that goal now with frightening pace.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (314)
65.97%
No (162)
34.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise