Life at Harris Westminster Sixth Form Watch

HWSF Senate
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by LivanC21)
Thanks for your reply, Has it been changed for to OCR A for further maths aswell?
Further maths is unchanged
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
tundra.x
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have recently found out about Harris Westminster, but alas it is of course far too late to apply. It seems like the perfect place for me to continue my education, especially since I've been dissuaded from going to the Sixth Forms and Colleges that I have applied to, and in some cases, been given conditional offers for. Is there any hope for me to somehow acquire a place, or should I just give up?

<(>.<)>.
HWSF Senate
Rep:
?
(Original post by tundra.x)
I have recently found out about Harris Westminster, but alas it is of course far too late to apply. It seems like the perfect place for me to continue my education, especially since I've been dissuaded from going to the Sixth Forms and Colleges that I have applied to, and in some cases, been given conditional offers for. Is there any hope for me to somehow acquire a place, or should I just give up?

<(>.<)>.
Call us when you get your results and ask if there are any spaces available. A lot of people get into our school through that way
tundra.x
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HWSF Senate)
Call us when you get your results and ask if there are any spaces available. A lot of people get into our school through that way
Oh I understand, thank you. In regards to picking four A levels, what are the grade requirements as I know that it tends to differ from each institution and if I apply in August, will I have do undergo further testing alongside an interview?
HWSF Senate
Rep:
?
Oh I understand, thank you. In regards to picking four A levels, what are the grade requirements as I know that it tends to differ from each institution and if I apply in August, will I have do undergo further testing alongside an interview?
You need at least a 6 or 7 for what you want to study. You won’t have to do a test nor an interview, i think.
abert101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

This feed is great by the way!

I was wondering if planners are provided by the school or do we have to purchase them ourselves?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for good laptops or tablets to bring to lessons?

How does borrowing laptops from the library work?

Thanks
HWSF Senate
Rep:
?
Sorry, you are interviewed when you apply in results day. You are usually interviewed by Mr Handscombe!
HWSF Senate
Rep:
?
(Original post by abert101)
Hi,

This feed is great by the way!

I was wondering if planners are provided by the school or do we have to purchase them ourselves?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for good laptops or tablets to bring to lessons?

How does borrowing laptops from the library work?

Thanks
Planners are not provided.
You can bring whatever laptop really- I use an Ipad.
You can borrow a Lenovo laptop/tablet (it’s both) from the library as long as you return it by the end of the day.
juicyapples
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Planners are not provided.
You can bring whatever laptop really- I use an Ipad.
You can borrow a Lenovo laptop/tablet (it’s both) from the library as long as you return it by the end of the day.
Is your name Saba?
hungrywhale21
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What topics do you study for history?
HWSF Senate
Rep:
?
(Original post by hungrywhale21)
What topics do you study for history?
Depends on your teacher. Topics can be Tudors, Italian Unification, Crusades and American Revolution...
alxna_1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depends on your teacher. Topics can be Tudors, Italian Unification, Crusades and American Revolution...
If you don’t like the topic, is it possible to change class early on during the course?
HWSF Senate
Rep:
?
(Original post by alxna_1)
If you don’t like the topic, is it possible to change class early on during the course?
Um i don’t think so...
juicyapples
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Um i don’t think so...
Lol I knew you were Saba
tundra.x
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you allowed to pick more than four A levels at Harris Westminster?
HWSF Senate
Rep:
?
Are you allowed to pick more than four A levels at Harris Westminster?
No
daian0205
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello. If you had applied to study Maths at A Level but just miss getting a 7 to study it, would you be barred from taking it? Furthermore, would that also bar you from taking Economics, even if you had gotten an A or above in it at GCSE? I'm a bit worried about if I'll be able to get a 7; from how the tests went, I think I could but it's still a bit uncertain as I don't know what the grade boundaries are going to be.

Also, I heard that if you wanted to, you could buy a laptop for some £200 from the library if you wished? Is that still the case or no?

Thanks.
HWSF Senate
Rep:
?
(Original post by daian0205)
Hello. If you had applied to study Maths at A Level but just miss getting a 7 to study it, would you be barred from taking it? Furthermore, would that also bar you from taking Economics, even if you had gotten an A or above in it at GCSE? I'm a bit worried about if I'll be able to get a 7; from how the tests went, I think I could but it's still a bit uncertain as I don't know what the grade boundaries are going to be.

Also, I heard that if you wanted to, you could buy a laptop for some £200 from the library if you wished? Is that still the case or no?

Thanks.
“expectation of at least six grades 6s including grades 7, 8 or 9 in the subjects applied for”

The reason why getting an A in Maths is needed for Econ is because not everyone did gcse econ therefore they base your eligibility to take the subject on your maths grade (which everyone takes).

If you don’t get the grades, they will advise you take another subject.

Laptop for £200 is still available.
daian0205
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
“expectation of at least six grades 6s including grades 7, 8 or 9 in the subjects applied for”

The reason why getting an A in Maths is needed for Econ is because not everyone did gcse econ therefore they base your eligibility to take the subject on your maths grade (which everyone takes).

If you don’t get the grades, they will advise you take another subject.

Laptop for £200 is still available.
Ah, okay. Thank you.
daian0205
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi. Would you happen to know what sort of laptop the library provides?

Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Aug '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (68)
17.35%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (247)
63.01%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
5.1%
Not yet but I might (57)
14.54%

Watched Threads