The Student Room Group

Really dark circles under eyes

Was wondering if it’s actually possible to reduce the look of my really dark circles underneath my eyes !? Sleep is not an option for me so I was wondering if there were any remedies or creams that ACTUALLY work!?
Also , any recommendations for a conceal or that works well for covering them as mine only seem to make them look darker somehow
Why is sleep not an option for you?
Try drinking more water. A good concealer is the one by Collection, it's only £4 and works really well. A lot of people rave about it being one of the best drugstore concealers and I can vouch for it myself, as long as you blend it well. The one in the shade "Lemon" is meant to be best for under-eye circles.

https://www.superdrug.com/Collection/Lasting-Perfection-Concealer-Correction-Lemon-6-5ml-Lemon-1/p/732245?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8r7QnKDV2wIVCZ7VCh2FvAFXEAQYASABEgJPrfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CLn3tZ6g1dsCFaEX0wod3AEF9w

Unfortunately a lot of the time under-eye circles are hereditary so there's not much you can do about them.
Do you spend a lot of time in front of a screen ? That happens to me too if i look at my laptop for too long. If you do then try using the app flux or use concealer and drink more water :smile:
Try putting red lipstick under eyes, just a faint coating, then concealer on top and blend. It’s supposed to reduce the appearance of dark circles 😁
Reply 5
Original post by nisha.sri
Do you spend a lot of time in front of a screen ? That happens to me too if i look at my laptop for too long. If you do then try using the app flux or use concealer and drink more water :smile:

Thank youuu :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by alice3467
Try putting red lipstick under eyes, just a faint coating, then concealer on top and blend. It’s supposed to reduce the appearance of dark circles 😁

Will do thank u!!:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by sonny.jim
Why is sleep not an option for you?

Insomnia :/
Reply 8
Original post by bones-mccoy
Try drinking more water. A good concealer is the one by Collection, it's only £4 and works really well. A lot of people rave about it being one of the best drugstore concealers and I can vouch for it myself, as long as you blend it well. The one in the shade "Lemon" is meant to be best for under-eye circles.

https://www.superdrug.com/Collection/Lasting-Perfection-Concealer-Correction-Lemon-6-5ml-Lemon-1/p/732245?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8r7QnKDV2wIVCZ7VCh2FvAFXEAQYASABEgJPrfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CLn3tZ6g1dsCFaEX0wod3AEF9w

Unfortunately a lot of the time under-eye circles are hereditary so there's not much you can do about them.

Ah thank you so much!!!
Why not just sleep?
Try the revolution pro camoflage concealer
Reply 11
Original post by _iraam.x
Try the revolution pro camoflage concealer

Definitely will! Thank u
A bit late but it may be useful for you
I got the same problem, it is going away with the anti-fatigue eye cream from Nuxe. I also do a home mask for under eyes with tea bags
Reply 13
Paint them white
Reply 14
If u can, try make a routine where u can sleep and wake up at the same time everyday. I know that it may not be possible, but try to have similar times so that ur body can adjust. In turn it would gradually make ur skin and even ur dark circles not so prominent. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest