Eduqas A Level Physics 2018 thread Watch

GuyR99
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Couldn't find an Eduqas A Level Physics thread so I thought I'd make one.

All done now
Component 1 (Newtonian)
Component 2 (Electricity)
Component 3 (Light, Nuclei)

How did we all find it?
idgaf anymore
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
As such I thought that the papers were generally a bit easier than last year's. Paper 1 was definitely a smooth one (apart from maybe the comprehension section on resistance). Paper 2 was okay, don't really remember it tbh but Paper 3 was definitely the worst. I found it fairly time pressured and you had to be on point with your facts and thinking to put down something meaningful. According to last years boundaries, I should be about 10 marks into the A* (~285/320 as compared to 274/320 I think it was) but I have a horrible feeling that the boundaries would rise. What are your thoughts, rise or fall. Praying that they are lower or the same at least.
GuyR99
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by idgaf anymore)
As such I thought that the papers were generally a bit easier than last year's. Paper 1 was definitely a smooth one (apart from maybe the comprehension section on resistance). Paper 2 was okay, don't really remember it tbh but Paper 3 was definitely the worst. I found it fairly time pressured and you had to be on point with your facts and thinking to put down something meaningful. According to last years boundaries, I should be about 10 marks into the A* (~285/320 as compared to 274/320 I think it was) but I have a horrible feeling that the boundaries would rise. What are your thoughts, rise or fall. Praying that they are lower or the same at least.
I agree. Not by much, but they were a tad more straightforward I thought. I actually thought Paper 1 was the worst in terms of how many marks you're allowed to drop (obvs it had the easiest stuff in but not everyone got that you had to draw a tangent to get the instantaneous change of momentum and hence the resultant force) and the comprehension was dodgy. The 6 marker on resonance was a gift though. I thought paper 2 was the nicest, especially since they had nothing on orbits which I hate and a 4 mark derivation for the critical density of the universe (another gift imo!) I agree, paper 3 was the heaviest in terms of content to learn and I came out feeling very tired and drained, since it was so time pressured and I got minimal sleep the night before. But over the three papers, there were definitely more gifts and easy marks to be gained than last year. I think the boundaries will be the same. I don't know if you know, but Eduqas had a lot of complaints last year, and their boundaries are huge compared to other boards, although the papers are more straightforward I feel. So the papers were easy, but Eduqas had a lot of complaints and have their necks on the line so the two will cancel out and the boundaries will stay the same. They certainly won't rise. I got an A by 2 marks in our mocks (241/320 and A was 239/320) and all I want is an A because I'm a linguist who does maths and physics on the side, and it's all I need for uni. Reckon I got it though as I pulled my socks up after mocks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.39%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (56)
10.31%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (97)
17.86%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (82)
15.1%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
9.94%
How can I be the best version of myself? (165)
30.39%

Watched Threads