The Student Room Group

Year 10 mocks

Hey! I'm about to do my year 10 mocks in two weeks and I was wondering if they really are that important like my teachers are saying??Like are sixth forms and colleges going to see these mock results?
I'm doing mines right now and believe me mate they mean jack sh**
Reply 2
Original post by ASingh2001
I'm doing mines right now and believe me mate they mean jack sh**

Lmao,yeah that's what I was thinking.
Ye man I'm no Einstein, but I know when to put my genius hat on.
Im currently doing my year 10 mocks and they are important in terms of what paper you do like foundation or higher, also your working grades, etc...
Reply 5
Original post by clmwalker
Hey! I'm about to do my year 10 mocks in two weeks and I was wondering if they really are that important like my teachers are saying??Like are sixth forms and colleges going to see these mock results?

No one sees these results (in terms of sixth forms and colleges), they are just internal exams do the teachers can give you predicted grades for next year
Reply 6
To me, they are because they go towards your predicted grades. Your sixth form deadline will be before your first sets of mocks in year 11 so your sixth form may not see your improved predicted grades.

Then again, it depends on your chosen sixth form and what grades are required to study there. But, you can also reapply or apply to a sixth form when you get your gcse results.

Hoped it helped :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by ATISHHH
To me, they are because they go towards your predicted grades. Your sixth form deadline will be before your first sets of mocks in year 11 so your sixth form may not see your improved predicted grades.

Then again, it depends on your chosen sixth form and what grades are required to study there. But, you can also reapply or apply to a sixth form when you get your gcse results.

Hoped it helped :smile:

Thank you!And yes it did help.
Reply 8
Original post by Pugglet
No one sees these results (in terms of sixth forms and colleges), they are just internal exams do the teachers can give you predicted grades for next year

Okay i was getting worried but thank you!
Reply 9
year 10 exams are a fat minor, i failed em all.
its the year 11 mocks which count and the real gcses obvs.
i managed to get all A's and A*'s in my mocks and those were put on my application form to college

Quick Reply

Latest