The Student Room Group

Retaking Year 13

After a really bad year, I had pretty much no motivation and got consistent E/U grades in chemistry and physics (Bs in Biology).

Life's finally getting better, I became more motivated and started revising about two months prior to my exams, and managed to move myself up to ABC in my mocks.... buuuut I need BBB for my course and I've absolutely SCREWED my physics exam.
I'll be surprised if i even get a C with how badly that went.

If I resit, and work my butt off over the year I think I can definitely get at LEAST BBB, but I'm now wondering how to go about applying to uni?

I would be resitting externally (college doesnt allow resits) so no predicted grades, does anyone know how this would affect how I apply/any offers made?

Trying to get into uni of birmingham for physics with foundation btw.

Are these actual AS exams or just internal mocks you're talking about? Or are these your final A-level grades?

If your offer is BBB and you end up with ABC or even BBC, there's every chance you could still be accepted on to the course- so I wouldn't panic about resits until you know your results. You might have done better than you think.

Even if you do resit as an external candidate, you'll still need a reference from somewhere. If you get on well with one of your current teachers, you could ask them to be a referee, and they would hopefully make a stab at some predicted grades for you.
Reply 2
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Are these actual AS exams or just internal mocks you're talking about? Or are these your final A-level grades?

If your offer is BBB and you end up with ABC or even BBC, there's every chance you could still be accepted on to the course- so I wouldn't panic about resits until you know your results. You might have done better than you think.

Even if you do resit as an external candidate, you'll still need a reference from somewhere. If you get on well with one of your current teachers, you could ask them to be a referee, and they would hopefully make a stab at some predicted grades for you.

yeah I've just done my final A levels so I'm a bit scared lol

And thank you so much, I wasnt really sure what would happen with the whole reference things in terms of obtaining predicted grades but youve answered my question:smile:
Original post by OBAFGKM
yeah I've just done my final A levels so I'm a bit scared lol

And thank you so much, I wasnt really sure what would happen with the whole reference things in terms of obtaining predicted grades but youve answered my question:smile:

No worries :h:

It's obviously good to think about plan b, but you might get a nice surprise on results day anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending