The Student Room Group

Shot at LSE/UCL?

Hey guys,

I’m in no way shape or form trying to show off but I just wanna know everyone’s opinion regarding whether I stand a good chance of getting an offer from LSE or UCL for Law...
I’m GCSE, I went to a poor performing school and got AAAAAAAAA and at A2 I’m predicted A*A*A*+ A in EPQ achieved.
My GCSE’s are quite poor for LSE so do you guys think I should risk applying there as an extra university?

Thanks guys.
Reply 1
provided you're studying the right subjects and doing relevant epq, go for it, you have a real shot
You get 5 choices anyway so I would do
two top ones (LSE UCL Oxbridge whatever)
two safe ones, that you know you can achieve their normal entry requirements and you like
And then one really safe one with an entry requirement of maybe AAB-ABB something you know you can achieve if all goes wrong. That basically covers all bases.
Also even if you don't apply for a top top uni but you get say A*A*A* or A*A*A and hounding fancy your other ones you can take a gap year, travel work experience raise some money so it's not the end of the world either way

Good luck and well on you for your grades
Reply 2
Apply then you will know. What A Levels you doing?
Reply 3
Original post by Aloha1

//
(edited 5 years ago)
Might as well. It seems likely that you get an offer but you never know.
Reply 5
Original post by ProRoadman
Might as well. It seems likely that you get an offer but you never know.

Just worried about my GCSE’s... Do you think LSE would take into consideration my schools poor performance? And do you know of anyone with similar grades who went there/UCL?
Original post by Sergioo
Just worried about my GCSE’s... Do you think LSE would take into consideration my schools poor performance? And do you know of anyone with similar grades who went there/UCL?

Mitigating circumstances. Ask them about this.
Reply 7
Original post by Aloha1

English Lit, Economics and History
Reply 8
Lol what a weeb.
That's perfectly good enough.

At the end of the day it's down to luck, go for it, if you get it you get it.
2 'aspirational' offers
2 'good'
1 'eh'

good guideline.
Reply 9
Original post by anon3421
English Lit, Economics and History

Two of the them are the same as mine (Eng Lit and History) and I'm also applying to law.
Hey guys,

I’m in no way shape or form trying to show off but I just wanna know everyone’s opinion regarding whether I stand a good chance of getting an offer from LSE or UCL for Law...
I’m GCSE, I went to a poor performing school and got AAAAAAAAA and at A2 I’m predicted A*A*A*+ A in EPQ achieved.
My GCSE’s are quite poor for LSE so do you guys think I should risk applying there as an extra university?

Thanks guys.

I got into LSE with 10 A* and 3A's at GCSE, I would definitely encourage you to apply, you may not get in but it is a wonderful university and definitely worth a shot.

What do you want to study?
Reply 11
Original post by <#_#>
I got into LSE with 10 A* and 3A's at GCSE, I would definitely encourage you to apply, you may not get in but it is a wonderful university and definitely worth a shot.

What do you want to study?

what were your predicted grades?
what were your predicted grades?

3A*
Reply 13
Original post by <#_#>
3A*

fair enough. Where else did u get an offer from?
fair enough. Where else did u get an offer from?

Cambridge, UCL, Bristol and Warwick
Reply 15
Original post by <#_#>
Cambridge, UCL, Bristol and Warwick

so you didn't choose these? You went for LSE above Cambridge too?

Quick Reply

Latest