Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies - dentistry Watch

Hollyvikihughes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I have all gcse's with 5 at a B and rest at a C. Currently doing a Level 3 Dental Nursing, and had Studied A levels in Maths, Chemistry and Biology.

HOWEVER, I failed my A levels miserably and I only have a C in English Language.

I have heard that the University of Liverpool offer a foundation degree. Will this affect my chance on being accepted on to the foundation degree? What can I do to increase my chance of being accepted on to the course?

Please help!
redhelen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Where do you live? I think Liverpool offers a foundation degree that might be applicable?
Amberooney
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Hollyvikihughes)
I have all gcse's with 5 at a B and rest at a C. Currently doing a Level 3 Dental Nursing, and had Studied A levels.

HOWEVER, I failed my A levels miserably and I only have a C in English Language.

Will this affect my chance on being accepted on to the foundation degree? What can I do to increase my chance of being accepted on to the course?

Please help!
The entry criteria are all available online although haven’t been updated for 2019 entry yet. If you have the 5 B grade GCSEs including Maths, English and science then they will look at your application. When did you do your a levels? The program isn’t really designed for recent school leavers. If you work as a dental nurse you will already have the relevant minimum work experience but if you can get some in different settings such as ortho/community/hospital or even just another practice to give you more insight it will help.

I was a dental nurse and did the Liverpool foundation year. Feel free to ask questions.
Hollyvikihughes
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amberooney)
The entry criteria are all available online although haven’t been updated for 2019 entry yet. If you have the 5 B grade GCSEs including Maths, English and science then they will look at your application. When did you do your a levels? The program isn’t really designed for recent school leavers. If you work as a dental nurse you will already have the relevant minimum work experience but if you can get some in different settings such as ortho/community/hospital or even just another practice to give you more insight it will help.

I was a dental nurse and did the Liverpool foundation year. Feel free to ask questions.
I left school last year and don't start the dental nursing course until September!I won't be applying until about 2021 :L

Liverpool is the only one I'd like to go to, I have work experience in every kind of field. I've done volunteer work abroad too but I'm trying to do anything I possibly can (hoping the requirements won't change) to make my application as good as I can for when I apply.

What was your personal statement like? Do you apply through UCAS? And also what can I do to make me stand out from other people?
Hollyvikihughes
Rep:
?
(Original post by redhelen)
Where do you live? I think Liverpool offers a foundation degree that might be applicable?
Funnily enough that is the Uni I'd most like to go to as It's the one closest to me!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • Middlesex University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (165)
18.46%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (91)
10.18%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.55%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (131)
14.65%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.51%
How can I be the best version of myself? (274)
30.65%

Watched Threads