What is college (A levels specifically) like?

Watch
Ratchet Hoe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am doing A levels and I heard a lot of things about it being ‘harder than GCSEs’ and that it is ‘more fun’.

Someone, give me the real tea on what college life is R E A L L Y like... ☕️
xEmilyxx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's stressful, there's no getting around that and everyone will experience different levels of stress over the two years.

That being said, it's an enjoyable experience. It's nice to no longer study the subjects you don't like, and everyone is so much more mature so you don't get the same petty drama you encounter in school.

A levels in college is hard work, stressful but also the environment you do them in eases the pressures a bit.
SugaSweetyKitty
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by xEmilyxx)
It's stressful, there's no getting around that and everyone will experience different levels of stress over the two years.

That being said, it's an enjoyable experience. It's nice to no longer study the subjects you don't like, and everyone is so much more mature so you don't get the same petty drama you encounter in school.

A levels in college is hard work, stressful but also the environment you do them in eases the pressures a bit.
Omg prompto
SugaSweetyKitty
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Honestly, I think A levels weren't for me. It depends what college, what courses and if you're okay with exams.
I spent 2 years at college, and came out with mediocre grades and stress (I wasn't good at exams)
Now I'm doing 1 year of a btec and I found my passion and how much I love it, and I'm sad I'm leaving now.
So for me I hated a levels, everyday was stress and a chore- the only reason I liked it was because of the students
But I love the BTEC I'm doing, and wish I could stay for the second year but I really want to go to university to keep studying my passion at a higher level

Everyone's different, at the end you're your own judge I also studied E Language, HSC and Psychology for the first year.
ElyLaw99
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's hell on earth. Nah I'm just kidding its pretty stressful and I had a lot of breakdowns but it all depends on how well you are at coping with stress and organisation. Also your home life too has a pretty big influence. It's really hard to stay on top of A levels especially things are the greatest in your personal life. They are a lot harder than GCSE's and if you mess them up its really not the end of the world either. If you think you can manage a job on top of that too then do it. It's nice to have your own income and then be able to go out and have fun etc. But when it's time to knuckle down for exams you really need to. I say start revising at Christmas. I say this all the time hit never do it but do as I say not as I do yanno. 😂 Also preferred sixth form over college. Been to both and sixth form ftw ngl.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (45)
15.1%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (95)
31.88%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (38)
12.75%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (26)
8.72%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.7%
I think it's an unfair expectation (74)
24.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.01%

Watched Threads