GG306
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have been accepted for a credit transfer to the third year of B.A. (Hons) History and I am currently submitting my application for student finance. When it asks what year of the course I'm applying for it only gives me the option for "year 1"; there is no "year 3". Do I just click "year 1" or will that cause an issue for me potentially?

It says I am entitled to £800 maintenance loan (minimum) or up to £1,800 if I submit my parent's salary. My dad is on over £60k a year (fluctuating between £60-70k) and my mum is on under £5k. How much more will I get by submitting their salaries or will it not be worth the paperwork? Regardless of their income, I'll still get £800 maintenance loan - right?

I am self-employed does this complicate things any further. I'm on £7k a year and it's only temporary.

Finally: when is the deadline for part-time finance?
SuperCat007
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by GG306)
I have been accepted for a credit transfer to the third year of B.A. (Hons) History and I am currently submitting my application for student finance. When it asks what year of the course I'm applying for it only gives me the option for "year 1"; there is no "year 3". Do I just click "year 1" or will that cause an issue for me potentially?

It says I am entitled to £800 maintenance loan (minimum) or up to £1,800 if I submit my parent's salary. My dad is on over £60k a year (fluctuating between £60-70k) and my mum is on under £5k. How much more will I get by submitting their salaries or will it not be worth the paperwork? Regardless of their income, I'll still get £800 maintenance loan - right?

I am self-employed does this complicate things any further. I'm on £7k a year and it's only temporary.

Finally: when is the deadline for part-time finance?
I'm assuming you're in England here as rules for Wales and Scotland are different. I don't think OU students get part time maintenance loans until next year unless they are disabled students. It might be worth asking the OU and SFE about what to press, the application may be different for credit transfer.

If you are entitled to the loan and it isn't means tested then you will get the money regardless. If it is means tested then you may lose it based on your parent's income, but I would always say it is better to provide as much information as you can.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (42)
18.42%
No one else does (74)
32.46%
I'm embarrassed about my background (23)
10.09%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (77)
33.77%
We don't use a video platform (3)
1.32%
I don't have a camera (4)
1.75%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
2.19%

Watched Threads