Just finished GCSE's but no friends help

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I had my last gcse exam today and I have come to a realisation that while I do have many friends I wouldn't consider any of them close friends. So I feel as though I will feel very lonley over my three month summer. Not to mention my birthday is next week so that will be fun... Any suggestions on things I can do to still enjoy my summer or any ways I can make some new friends?

I am going to my new college later this month for an induction day but I don't know if i'll be able to make new friends in the one day because I am quite introverted so it takes alot for me to speak to new people before they speak to me.

Thanks!
iBK-
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't know if it's too late, but there is a program going on over Summer called NCS. You might want to consider asking if there any available spaces left as I've heard it's great to make new friends.
random0101
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you play any games?
bluemuffin
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah same here!! Yay
I would also recommend ncs, get on a waiting list or something as spaces are still freeing up (no guarantee you will get a place though) I was on the waiting list for months and got a confirmed place for 1st July which is just weeks away. I'm so excited!!
Also happy birthday for next week! I know it's early and honestly you don't need to celebrate with friends to have a good one. Maybe just celebrate with family and do what you want, but that's up to you.
JMC2018
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wish you all the best at your appointment at your new college and a good way of making new friends is by finding out who else will be doing the same course as yourself on the day of your appointment. It may happen when you attend your new college in September of making new friends too.
I wish you a Happy Birthday for next week too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (653)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (823)
42.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.47%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.48%

Watched Threads