My lecturer hasn't replied to an important email Watch

The Scotfather
Badges: 18
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I'm in a bit of a sticky situation. I had sent my lecturer an email two weeks ago asking for documents and he didn't reply for a week. After waiting a week I decided to follow someone else's thread on a similar topic and forwarded the email to him stating that he may have not received it. He then replied telling me that it is stressful with the amount of workload at the moment and that he would get it to me at the start of the week. It is now the end of the week and it may potentially have consequences if I don't receive this in time. Any advice? I don't wish to discuss the documents.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by chrissy99)
I'm in a bit of a sticky situation. I had sent my lecturer an email two weeks ago asking for documents and he didn't reply for a week. After waiting a week I decided to follow someone else's thread on a similar topic and forwarded the email to him stating that he may have not received it. He then replied telling me that it is stressful with the amount of workload at the moment and that he would get it to me at the start of the week. It is now the end of the week and it may potentially have consequences if I don't receive this in time. Any advice? I don't wish to discuss the documents.
He is aware and you will have to wait. If he has a secretary contact them.
Maybe you can get documents from elsewhere?? Hard to know as the situation isnt entirely clear.
CoolCavy
  • Chat Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
If it's not uni related it's probably low priority for him if he has loads of other work
doodle_333
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Without knowing the document and circumstances it's hard to say. If you require it for an essay and he has to give it to you (ie it's not a favour you be requested) then he's in the wrong. If not, it's a busy time of year you'll have to wait.
rimstone
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
loool GET USED TO IT .

I find a lot of uni lecturer are worthless contacting in anyways, since they either dont reply, or when they do have the time, its not even what you wanteded/needed and then they take another few weeks to reply with another useless email .

I pray nowadays nothing goes wrong at UNI, since oth years ive had things mess up and had to deal with them for months on end, going in the summer holidays as well.. thats how useless some lecturers are at replying to emails or anything, even ****ing calling them .

i mean i'm currently waiting for a lecturer to mark some work from first semester.. and when he finally did after 4ish months, after spamming him with emails and calls. i then asked for the mark, since i had no mark for that module, and i could easily work out what i had with that assignent mark ,, and after weeks of emailing him, for the just the****ing mark i got, he sent 2 worthless emails, when all i wanted was the ****ing mark ..... the whole time i had to be nice to the useless ****, since he was marking my assignment .now ive given up and hope it turns up when my 2nd semester results are given.
NHS Nigeria
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Go to his accommodation.
-Eirlys-
  • Debate & Current Affairs Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
If the deadline he stated has passed, I think you're in your right to politely inform him that he is late getting back to you. As someone else said, if it's not uni related, it is low priority. If you have a student support team, maybe get in touch with them?
The Scotfather
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Thanks for all the advice. I have went ahead and contacted the student support team and asked if they are able to get the documents.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (219)
22.91%
The paper was reasonable (428)
44.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.2%
It was TERRIBLE (135)
14.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise