The Student Room Group

English Language Paper 2 question order

Hello

I’m in Year 10 and I have an English Language paper 2 mock next week, so I was wondering in which order should I answer the questions so that I don’t run out of time?

There is Q1 (4 marks), Q2 (8 marks), Q3 (12 marks), Q4 (16 marks) and then Q5 which is 40 marks.

Thanks
Original post by elizabethlau
Hello

I’m in Year 10 and I have an English Language paper 2 mock next week, so I was wondering in which order should I answer the questions so that I don’t run out of time?

There is Q1 (4 marks), Q2 (8 marks), Q3 (12 marks), Q4 (16 marks) and then Q5 which is 40 marks.

Thanks

Whichever order you feel comfy with. have a look at Mr Salles he sometimes makes suggestions.

You should never run out of time because you should be disciplined enough to allocate a proportional amount of time to the marks a question is worth. Practice helps you get this correct.
i personally worked in the order of the questions as it helped me build my analysis but you can do it whichever way you wish. try one order this mock and if you end up really struggling with time, either practice exam technique or see if working in another order would be better in your next mocks. timing's a lot about exam technique and being able to pick out information as sometimes the texts can be a bit difficult.
It’s up to you really but I’d recommend you do it in this order:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending