Why do so many girls dislike football?

Watch
crumps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by evisu)
You've just pulled that out of your arse but I appreciate the attempt.
what do you mean? :lol:

Do you have a better explanation? :lolwut:
CleverSquirrel
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
its a bunch of grown ass men running after a ball for 90 mins faking injuries every 2 mins and getting paid loads.....whats not to love

honestly such a waste of time
Mr Smurf
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CleverSquirrel)
its a bunch of grown ass men running after a ball for 90 mins faking injuries every 2 mins and getting paid loads.....whats not to love

Don't be such a hater darling.
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

:lol:
username3883544
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
One in six football supporters is a woman, so some women like football. Karren Brady and Delia Smith are football club directors.
somemightsay888
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Uncultured
username2763536
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by evisu)
Fair enough if you haven't been brought up around it and you're not a die hard fan, but why call it boring (especially when you haven't given it a chance)? Of course there are girls who enjoy the game but they're most definitely in the minority. I'm also aware not every boy likes football.

I watch a range of things on tv, but a football match never fails to excite me. You never know how things are going to go.

Strange as well because so many footballers are fantastic looking so you'd think there'd at least be that appeal.

I know we all have different tastes but why do so many girls find football so unappealing, whether they've seen a game or not.
Probably because it is boring.Even when people are watching it they are still on their phones which suggests it actually isn't all that interesting.To be honest only about 0.01% of a football match is where interesting stuff happens.The rest of it is just passing and tackling which is easy to zone out from.
MerryClark11
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
because i’m lazy and i don’t enjoy sports, personally i feel like it’s a huge waste of money
username2763536
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by petalsunrise)
I do enjoy it and get really into it, especially the world cup. but women wouldn't really watch it for the hot men because A. the game is interesting in itself and B. it's ridiculous to call them sexy coz they are dumb as foik, just listen when they are interviewed "at the end of the day it's a game of two halves ya kno what i means. someone's got to win, someone's go to lose, ya knoe what I means. unless it's draw ya knoe? de ya get me"
(Original post by rm715)
I hate when people say 'it's pointless it's just running around on a field' and they've never actually been to a game. Everyone has different opinions about what is fun and what isn't, can't we just not knock each others' interests

I am a girl and it pisses me off when I get this shocked reaction when I mention anything to do with football. Yes I can name the entire Brighton squad and yes I know what the offside rule is, and yes I do happen to have a vagina - does that make me any less knowledgeable about football than my male counterparts? No. Does that mean I should be accused of 'trying to seem cool to the boys'? (yes someone did once say that to me) No. I've grown up in a family of die-hard football fans and I understand the attraction of the beautiful game, the community spirit of being part of something that brings together the most random selection of people, the excitement of seeing a team flourish after endless defeats, the highs, the lows, and everything in between. So no, It's not just men running round kicking a ball. And no, it isn't because I find them sexually attractive (I personally find that quite insulting to suggest, do women not have the intellectual ability to watch sport for reasons other than the attractiveness of the players?)
There is literally nothing intellectual about watching football.
Laila Sage
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was told sports appeal to men more as it depicts common day tribes at battle and men being the sex that went into battle historically
bobby147
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

:hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:
evisu
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago

Bit harsh to call it a waste of time. It takes a lot of skill and provides a lot of entertainment.
Have you ever played and enjoyed a sport?
evisu
Rep:
?
(Original post by MerryClark11)
because i’m lazy and i don’t enjoy sports, personally i feel like it’s a huge waste of money
Waste of money for who?
evisu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Volibear)
I don't dislike it. But I don't find it entertaining to watch. Play yes, but watch no.
Fair. Do you not support a team then?
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I usually hate stuff that I don’t understand like maths and fifa is so boring but that’s probably because I can’t play it well
evisu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Robby2312)
Probably because it is boring.Even when people are watching it they are still on their phones which suggests it actually isn't all that interesting.To be honest only about 0.01% of a football match is where interesting stuff happens.The rest of it is just passing and tackling which is easy to zone out from.
(Original post by Robby2312)
There is literally nothing intellectual about watching football.
I rarely see people sat on their phones throughout a match. Not if they're a proper fan. The thing with football is that things can change in the blink of an eye and each kick, foul etc has a consequence. You're never really comfortable. It's tense whether your team are on the attack or on the defence.
If there aren't players you like or a team you support then I can understand why you wouldn't feel invested in the game but it's worth giving a chance and you'll find certain players will stick out for you.

Why does it have to be intellectual? It's not like people are just mindlessly kicking a ball though.
evisu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rainfall)
I usually hate stuff that I don’t understand like maths and fifa is so boring but that’s probably because I can’t play it well
I think the concept of football is pretty simple though? Even if you don't know the offside rule it's pretty easy to follow.
username2763536
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by evisu)
I rarely see people sat on their phones throughout a match. Not if they're a proper fan. The thing with football is that things can change in the blink of an eye and each kick, foul etc has a consequence. You're never really comfortable. It's tense whether your team are on the attack or on the defence.
If there aren't players you like or a team you support then I can understand why you wouldn't feel invested in the game but it's worth giving a chance and you'll find certain players will stick out for you.

Why does it have to be intellectual? It's not like people are just mindlessly kicking a ball though.
Meh I just don't find it very interesting.And I don't really see why I have to like it just because I'm a guy.I find it boring just like I find golf boring or formula one.Playing it is a different matter though.
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm a dude and I find football boring AF. I like to play but not watch.
CleverSquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mr Smurf)
Don't be such a hater darling.
dont darling me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (31)
20%
No (124)
80%

Watched Threads