Why do so many girls dislike football?

Watch
AmeliaLost
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't really see the appeal of watching sports. I like playing though...
Joel 96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by petalsunrise)
I don't care how athletic they are, footballers are dumb, brutish, self-absorbed, over-paid, loutish, entitlted, vain, glamour model chasing, many times sexual offending chauvinists. or at last speaking for england teams, but I am sure it's not better in other countries either. you can't be very bright if all you want to do is kick a leather sac from one end of a grass field to the other. I like athletic men but intelligent men are way sexier.
What an appalling generalisation.
LadyEcliptic
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It’s just a bunch of guys running around after a ball. Boooooo. It’s just so over rated for what it’s worth. I’d rather watch something more stimulating.
In saying that, I absolutely love Rugby.
Joel 96
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Men like sports more because they naturally relish competition. If you want to get really psychological, it may have something to do with that intrinsic drive to impress and get to the top of the hierarchy. Women are more submissive by nature, explaining why one wouldn't see the appeal in outmaneuvering or besting opponents.
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by LadyEcliptic)
It’s just a bunch of guys running around after a ball. Boooooo. It’s just so over rated for what it’s worth. I’d rather watch something more stimulating.
U like rugby the sport or the dudes playing it.
roseprincessx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you haven’t met me then x
I don’t know any thing about it but I enjoy playing it and watching it
IT WAS A TIE TODAYY MY GUYS
roseprincessx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Cxm
lmao
LadyEcliptic
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
U like rugby the sport or the dudes playing it.
Sport. I used to play it quite a bit.
applesforme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
now that is a dangerous sport that should be banned.
evisu
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Yeah so that literally makes no sense because you could say the same about rugby. If you prefer watching rugby that's fine. I'm glad you can still appreciate sport. No need to bring football down though.
evisu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joel 96)
Men like sports more because they naturally relish competition. If you want to get really psychological, it may have something to do with that intrinsic drive to impress and get to the top of the hierarchy. Women are more submissive by nature, explaining why one wouldn't see the appeal in outmaneuvering or besting opponents.
Maybe. There are a number of competitions that women are fans of though. X factor, the voice, next top model, love island.
evisu
Rep:
?
(Original post by AmeliaLost)
I don't really see the appeal of watching sports. I like playing though...
What do you like to watch on tv?
LadyEcliptic
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by evisu)
Yeah so that literally makes no sense because you could say the same about rugby. If you prefer watching rugby that's fine. I'm glad you can still appreciate sport. No need to bring football down though.
Rugby is a lot more intense and high impact. It is not for the faint hearted.
I do believe footballers are over paid for what they do and as such, a lot have obtained an entitled sense of self.
Why ask why girls don’t like it and then get an opinion and jump on it when you don’t like it? The sports are very different in their own rights, however, I find football over rated and boring. That’s my opinion.
evisu
Rep:
?
Rugby is a lot more intense and high impact. It is not for the faint hearted.
I do believe footballers are over paid for what they do and as such, a lot have obtained an entitled sense of self.
Why ask why girls don’t like it and then get an opinion and jump on it when you don’t like it? The sports are very different in their own rights, however, I find football over rated and boring. That’s my opinion.
I wanted opinions but your post was highly contradictory so I didn't see it as a valid point.
I don't think footballers are overpaid, it's supply and demand. 'For what they do'. You make it sound like it's easy.
I WILL TROLL U
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Cause girls dont like being sweaty
Joel 96
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by evisu)
Maybe. There are a number of competitions that women are fans of though. X factor, the voice, next top model, love island.
True, but these competitions are, in a large part, centered on social and sexual themes. I was more referring to how men want to outclass each other physically, with strength and willpower.

For instance, the shows you listed don't have any personal appeal to me, probably because I'm not as interested in the social and sexual themes presented in those shows. I think they're elementary. But I could see how a female would find the physical competitions of men to be elementary as well.
Little Popcorns
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think it’s more the fact that football is originally something played by and watched by guys. So less girls and women have been nurtured to be interested and enjoy the game.
LadyEcliptic
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by evisu)
I wanted opinions but your post was highly contradictory so I didn't see it as a valid point.
I don't think footballers are overpaid, it's supply and demand. 'For what they do'. You make it sound like it's easy.
You asked for football. I said it was boring and over rated. I find rugby a lot more entertaining. They are 2 different sports, so it’s not contradictory at all. And yeah, it is easy. Having sadly been forced to do it when I was younger. That’s my opinion, and it’s very much valid compared to other ones. Being contradicting because it’s not what you want to hear doesn’t make something invalid.
username3941996
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You asked for football. I said it was boring and over rated. I find rugby a lot more entertaining. They are 2 different sports, so it’s not contradictory at all. And yeah, it is easy. Having sadly been forced to do it when I was younger. That’s my opinion, and it’s very much valid compared to other ones. Being contradicting because it’s not what you want to hear doesn’t make something invalid.
What is so interesting about Rugby? I hear guys mention rugby as more intersting than football. What made you like Rugby?
XchickenX
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I miss the ball every time, it’s too round.....(pun intended 😝)

Btw I only play sports that doesn’t involve spheres
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (31)
20%
No (124)
80%

Watched Threads