The Student Room Group

Aldi individual assessment day?

Hi, I recently applied for a role as a Store Assistant at my local Aldi branch in England as I would like a part time job whilst at college. Over a week ago I applied online and today was sent an email saying I have been invited to an assessment day, initially I thought it was going to be a group event but when booking a time slot it says 'event type - individual assessment' however looking online people have said that it is group activities and I've heard some say it is an interview one on one with the assistant manager.

Has anyone else been through the process and can shine some light on what I should expect please as it isn't clear exactly what it involves, thank you.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by billy_jb
Hi, I recently applied for a role as a Store Assistant at my local Aldi branch in England as I would like a part time job whilst at college. Over a week ago I applied online and today was sent an email saying I have been invited to an assessment day, initially I thought it was going to be a group event but when booking a time slot it says 'event type - individual assessment' however looking online people have said that it is group activities and I've heard some say it is an interview one on one with the assistant manager.

Has anyone else been through the process and can shine some light on what I should expect please as it isn't clear exactly what it involves, thank you.

Hi there - I'm sorry that you haven't had a reply to this yet; I'm just giving it a quick bump, so hopefully someone will be able to answer your questions soon.

How long is it until your assessment day? Best of luck with it!
Reply 2
Thank you! It is next Friday so fingers crossed haha.

Original post by shadowdweller
Hi there - I'm sorry that you haven't had a reply to this yet; I'm just giving it a quick bump, so hopefully someone will be able to answer your questions soon.

How long is it until your assessment day? Best of luck with it!
Reply 3
Hello i just recently applied with aldi. I applied in sept 2018. Got an email with in 2/3 days that i have been successful with the first stage and they would like me to attend an assessment day. Booked one online which said its going to be individual. I googled up to see other people's experiences. Some said its individual, some said its in a group...was very confusing and uncomfy as i am not a group person who can do a confident presentation. Anyhow it turned out to be 2 vs 1. So it was 2 managers of some level and me. (Would have preferred 1 to 1). Both were very friendly. The guy did all the interview. The woman just there smiling...probably observing me. They asked me general questions about my previous work..what i did there etc etc. I was then given two situations happening in store and was asked what i would do. Then there was a little maths test which you had to do in 5mins...(dont see much point of it being related to the job...i guess aldi really makes sure whom they are hiring since the hourly rate is good). After that i was told about working hours and if i am ok with it. I told them my situation since i have a child to take care of so my hours work around him. Finally i was told if i pass this stage i would be invited for a store experience and would hear from them with in 48 hours. And with in 48 hours i received rejection email. Did not say why (would have been nice) but i am assuming its to do with me having restricted working hours) and they were talking being flexible. Really gutted that i didnot get it..i was confident that my previous similiar work experience would help.I think i was these questions:Why you want to work for aldi?Why you dont want to go back to your previous job?Why this particular branch?Shifts can start as early as 6am and finish at 11pm. How do you feel about it?Why do you think aldi prices are cheaper compared to others? ( i didnot know that but was told its because of the staff...the staff puts a lot of effort and hardwork so they are able keep their prices low)
Was this a 1-1 or group?
She was definitely observing you... fruitcake you are says yoda
Hi, I realize that this was posted 2 years ago and it might have changed since then but I recently applied for a job too at ALDI and they've also asked me to come for an individual assessment so was wondering if you could possibly help? thank you x
Original post by newtothestudent
Hi, I realize that this was posted 2 years ago and it might have changed since then but I recently applied for a job too at ALDI and they've also asked me to come for an individual assessment so was wondering if you could possibly help? thank you x

Me too 😭 I’m so nervous. Mine literally just says “assessment” not group or individual..
Yes me too! invited for an individual assessment for the role of store assistant, and any advice would be much appreciated.
Hi, I have got mine in 3 days have you had yours? If so could you please advice me on what it involves Thanks
Original post by bellemayrose
Yes me too! invited for an individual assessment for the role of store assistant, and any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi, have you got your assessment? If so could you please share what it involves
Thanks
Reply 11
Hi I have passed 2 stages of the Aldi assessment any ideas of what they will ask? And how it went? I’m really nervous as I really want the job 😩☺️ Thanks in advance
Help any answers?
Original post by Binky2
Hi I have passed 2 stages of the Aldi assessment any ideas of what they will ask? And how it went? I’m really nervous as I really want the job 😩☺️ Thanks in advance

Have you had your individual assessment? How did it go?
I have so many questions think you could answer any?🤣🤷*♀️
Original post by MODODEDRA
Hi, I have got mine in 3 days have you had yours? If so could you please advice me on what it involves Thanks

How’s your assessment go? I have so many questions I have mine in 5 days could you help I really want and need this job🤣🤷*♀️😊
Reply 15
How did this go in the end? I have the same thing in a couple of weeks
Original post by Mr_M23
How did this go in the end? I have the same thing in a couple of weeks

I’ve actually got a store experience next week so must’ve gone pretty well!! Hope it goes ok for you mine was only 10 minutes and I was done
Hi please can you share what was the environment and what questions they asked. My assessment is on next week.
Original post by LibbyJoy
I’ve actually got a store experience next week so must’ve gone pretty well!! Hope it goes ok for you mine was only 10 minutes and I was done

Hi please can you share what was the environment and what questions they asked. My assessment is on next week.
Original post by Fatimanipa

of course!
for me I was with the area manager in his office and I was there for about 10 minutes
He asked things like:
why Aldi
tell me about yourself
what hours are you looking

Just general things. It was my first ever job interview and seriously I wouldn’t worry about it.
Good luck though!

Quick Reply

Latest