The Student Room Group

Controversial Laws?

Are their any laws that are controversial?
I mean as in a case agains the law being dismissed could be made.

I’m going to start my EPQ next year and I want to start thinking of a topic.
I want it to have something to do with law so I’m thinking of criticising a current law.

My ideas so far have been mostly about joint enterprise. But I think that’s sort of a vague topic.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
I want to start researching and reading over my topic so I have a thorough understanding of it when I start my EPQ
The most recent criminal justice law was pretty controversial because it effectively allowed a snoopers charter that makes internet companies responsible for storing data about us for several years.
Any law with strict liability and no defence seems controversial to me.
Reply 3
abortion is still technically illegal with a sentence of life imprisonment under an act passed in 1861. true story. you'll find heaps and heaps of literature on this.
Reply 4
You're not allowed to share your films and music with your friends. Sharing's supposed to be good!
Reply 5
i can't believe you remember all this stuff. yeah, i was thinking Professor Sally Sheldon and her argument that abortion is not a woman's 'right' in the UK; that it must still be justified by the requirements of the Abortion Act 1967 (2 doctors, etc). seems like the political pacifier to me. it was the topic of our LIM essay last year, but i would have to refresh myself with my notes. lol just thought OP could do a quick google search.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending