AlexanderMcinFin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello guys. I was wondering what options would be fit for me as it will be next year when I finally decide what subjects I would like to take for my GCSE exams in 2 years time. In my state school, it is compulsorary to take a short course PRE course which I must embrace (yikes!). I have also chosen to choose triple science instead of double science despite not wanting to work in any science related branches when I am older. I have already made 2 choices. These 2 choices are geography and business studies. Geography is something that I am interested, and I do very well in. I would like to work in the business sector when I am older. I am however very cautious about what I should choose for my third GCSE (yes, we take 3). I have 3 main choices in mid although it really comes down to the first 2. The 3 choices are: ART AND DESIGN, COMPUTER SCIENCE OR FRENCH. Firstly art and design. People call me good at art and say that I should take it for gcse. Although, I did choose 2 languages over extra DT. Will this impact me in art overall? I know that design and technology may have a slight impact on art. Secondly computing. Generally not a subject that I enjoy particularly but one that may be useful in the business sector and in this day and age. I do well in it but it is excessively boring for me. My parents do approve of it however. Finally french. This is a language that I enjoy very much and I consistently achieve high in. I just don't want my parents to know that I chose a language for Gcse. My mum is completely helpless with languages and would straight up criticize me immediately if I chose to do a language for gcse. However I do think French is the easiest. Art 2nd and computing 3rd. Please help me as I have a considerably short time left! Thanks for your consideration and don't let this post pass by . Thanks
bvfh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i would highly recommend computer science.
french becomes increasingly harder at gcse especially with the new specification
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.48%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.52%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.83%
I need help with my personal statement (60)
41.38%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
24.83%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.07%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.9%

Watched Threads