The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA summer school 2018

Hey! Is anybody going on the UEA summer school this year? I'm going but I don't know anyone else who's going so it'd be nice to at least vaguely know someone before I go :smile: I'm doing chemistry and pharmacy
I did this course last year, in case you have any questions
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Hello! I have a few thank you,
1) how was your experience like?
2) did you do any social activities aside school related stuff?
3) where did you stay? accommodation they gave etc? if so, was the accommodation nice?
Original post by Aisha.A.A
I did this course last year, in case you have any questions
1) i enjoyed it and But I think it had more to do about chemistry compared to pharmacy, we did some problem based learning, when a pill is not a pill, and visited the labs(this is all I can remember)

2. We had game nights and movies but we also had the option for forgo this and communicated. I made a lot of friends I am still in touch with today.

3. We stayed in an ensuite room it was average compared to other universities not too modern. We had like 10 people in each flat and kitchen/common room. The lunches are horrible btw, bland packed lunches. And the last night we had a quiz night.
Reply 4
Not going to the summer school, but I'm at UEA over summer, so feel free to drop me a message if you're up for some beer :smile:
thank you for answering!! would you advise taking some of my own snacks then? i don't wanna be hungry for like 3 days :')
Original post by Aisha.A.A
1) i enjoyed it and But I think it had more to do about chemistry compared to pharmacy, we did some problem based learning, when a pill is not a pill, and visited the labs(this is all I can remember)

2. We had game nights and movies but we also had the option for forgo this and communicated. I made a lot of friends I am still in touch with today.

3. We stayed in an ensuite room it was average compared to other universities not too modern. We had like 10 people in each flat and kitchen/common room. The lunches are horrible btw, bland packed lunches. And the last night we had a quiz night.
I don't think I'd be allowed to leave the summer school to get some beer lmao
Original post by agrew
Not going to the summer school, but I'm at UEA over summer, so feel free to drop me a message if you're up for some beer :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by medicinemaniac
I don't think I'd be allowed to leave the summer school to get some beer lmao

It's not a prison.... and there's a small supermarket in the middle of the campus, plus a Tesco convenience store about a 15 minute walk away. And Norwich itself is short bus ride if you want to look around.

Posted from TSR Mobile
if we're allowed out like to walk freely across campus then that'd be fun actually, ill probably look around and explore a bit, thanks for telling me!
Original post by Doonesbury
It's not a prison.... and there's a small supermarket in the middle of the campus, plus a Tesco convenience store about a 15 minute walk away. And Norwich itself is short bus ride if you want to look around.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending