The Student Room Group

Savings goa l- new phone

So I'm saving up £15 of my weekly earnings for nearly a year. The phone I want is £729 right now (let's just call it £730) so yeah, 49 weeks and that's £735. The price can always change though obviously so I'll keep a check on it.

I'm considering saving any Birthday money I get in August as well, so it'll be less time to wait until I hit my target.

Also, I won £10 today and have £30 saved already. So I now need £690, 46 weeks to go.

If anyone saw my other thread, I'm gonna stop having fizzy drinks so regularly and might even stop this month. The money I save that I would've otherwise spent on those will go towards the new phone.

Anyone reckon this is a good idea? Is anyone else doing this sort of thing? Even if it isn't for a phone or what you're saving for is nowhere near this amount of money, please let me know anyway 👍
I’m saving up for a laptop.
I’m planning on getting a job over the summer and using that money.
But I’ll probably only work weekends.

Also I’m kind of lazy so I’m not sure if I’ll even end up getting a job.

Anyone for food at school my parents give me £5 a day.
I’m planning on only spending £2 a day which will give me £3 to save a day.
So I’ll save £15 a week which is good.

Also it was my birthday last week and I got presents. My Grandmother also gave me £100 (she gave me 120 but I spent 20)
So I’ve decided to save that because I’ve got nothing else to spend on it.

The problem is my friends always want to go out to eat and that’s expensive.

Usually I just ask my mom for extra money and she gives it to me. But she only ever gives me an extra £5 so I have to end up spending my own money.

Your idea is a good idea. Think of what you usually spend your money on and decide if you really need it.
I stopped buying bottled water and I just bought a reusable bottle and I just fill it up.

What phone are you going to buy anyway?
Reply 2
Original post by Rhodesian
I’m saving up for a laptop.
I’m planning on getting a job over the summer and using that money.
But I’ll probably only work weekends.

Also I’m kind of lazy so I’m not sure if I’ll even end up getting a job.

Anyone for food at school my parents give me £5 a day.
I’m planning on only spending £2 a day which will give me £3 to save a day.
So I’ll save £15 a week which is good.

Also it was my birthday last week and I got presents. My Grandmother also gave me £100 (she gave me 120 but I spent 20)
So I’ve decided to save that because I’ve got nothing else to spend on it.

The problem is my friends always want to go out to eat and that’s expensive.

Usually I just ask my mom for extra money and she gives it to me. But she only ever gives me an extra £5 so I have to end up spending my own money.

Your idea is a good idea. Think of what you usually spend your money on and decide if you really need it.
I stopped buying bottled water and I just bought a reusable bottle and I just fill it up.

What phone are you going to buy anyway?

Sounds good. Google Pixel 2, but might see if the 3 is affordable at the time with my savings or wait for the 4. Currently on Google Pixel 1st generation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending