mlh567
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Can’t think of many negative Feedback Mechanisms in AS level biology (AQA), anyone know of any ?
hydroxide
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mlh567)
Can’t think of many negative Feedback Mechanisms in AS level biology (AQA), anyone know of any ?
i don't know the AS biology syllabus, but possibly the regulation of body temperature?
Jpw1097
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mlh567)
Yes, negative feedback mechanisms are everywhere in human biology. Anything hormonal (endocrinology) is regulated by negative feedback, such as the release of thyroid hormones (thyroxine and triiodothyrodine), adrenal hormones (steroids); also body temperature, blood pressure, electrolyte concentrations in the blood (such as sodium, potassium, calcium), plasma osmolality, plasma glucose concentration (a big one in A level biology, I would make sure you know this in detail, so know the actions of insulin and glucagon), blood gas tensions. Negative feedback is central to homeostasis, that is the maintenance of a relatively constant internal environment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (626)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (784)
42.13%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (368)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.46%

Watched Threads