The Student Room Group

Question regarding MEI maths resits

Could someone please confirm that I’m allowed to resit M1 next year as well for the old MEI spec ? Although for 2019 it’s the last opportunity and will be designed for resit candidates only . I messed up yesterdays MEI M1 exam so badly despite getting full marks in every other single paper . It was just too hard ... which will have a drastic effect on my overall grade .
I think you will be able to, you have to be allowed a resit i'm sure.
Original post by BrenChongerZomb
Could someone please confirm that I’m allowed to resit M1 next year as well for the old MEI spec ? Although for 2019 it’s the last opportunity and will be designed for resit candidates only . I messed up yesterdays MEI M1 exam so badly despite getting full marks in every other single paper . It was just too hard ... which will have a drastic effect on my overall grade .

Yes, you can resit next year. See http://www.ocr.org.uk/administration/support-and-tools/siu/legacy-resit-arrangements-040516/ for confirmation.

Thank you , if I decide to resit M1 will I also have to resit the whole of C1-C4 and S1? Even if I average 90 ums in that
Thank you , if I decide to resit M1 will I also have to resit the whole of C1-C4 and S1? Even if I average 90 ums in that

No. The old specification is a modular qualification, you only need to resit the papers that you want to improve.
Original post by gdunne42
No. The old specification is a modular qualification, you only need to resit the papers that you want to improve.

Thank you , that has got rid of some stress lol . The M1 paper 2 days ago was horrible so I’ll take a gap year and then hopefully resit it to get an A* in maths overall cuz my offer is A*AA
Reply 6
Is this the same for AQA or just MEI cuz I effed up my core 3
Original post by Aldona

Yeah I believe so , my school also does AQA for the new students , my teacher said resits would be allowed for AQA as well in 2019. My chances of an A* have dropped so badly after the M1 paper , was disastrous ... nothing compared to any of the past papers
Original post by Aldona

Same for AQA, OCR, OCR-MEI and Edexcel
Have not looked for an announcement from eduqas but think it will also apply to their modular A level offered in England
Reply 9
Did you resit m1? If so how did you find it?

Quick Reply

Latest