Anyone else hate snobbery from private school kids? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My younger sister goes to a private school and today she was telling me that they all have to do a day of volunteering on Friday. There is an instagram page which is something like 'things you hear at a private school' and someone posted 'does going to a state school for a day count as my charity work?'. I know it's meant to be 'funny' but after stories and stories of the snobbiest remarks by her friends and people she knows and even her saying shxt about regular schools I find it just really irrtates me. I used to go to a private school myself and some of the things kids would say about state schools were terrible, these people have never attended a state school and so all of their judgments are total prejudice. A teacher who had previosuly gone to Eaton at my old school said 'state school kids don't matter'. These people believe they are God on earth just becuase they went to a private school and this is no exxageration. They turn their noses up at state school people. I get that it was a great oppurtunity to go to a private school but I just couldn't stand the snobbery of these kids who think they are totally superior to the 93% of the population who go to state schools. I don't understand why they are so nasty about people who go to regualar schools. I just can't even express how snobby they are... they are even sacred of state school kids.. again no exaggeration. And btw I moved back into state school and although I appreciate the oppurtunity of private school I just couldn't stand the snobbery and entitlement of the kids there.
temzra
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow I didn’t know that some private school kids were this bad.
The only private school people I’ve ever encountered were from Bromley high and they are perfectly fine.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
_princessxox
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I go to one of the top private schools in England and what you've said just isn't true. I've never heard of anyone making jokes about state schools here, we don't have the time tbh.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by _princessxox)
I go to one of the top private schools in England and what you've said just isn't true. I've never heard of anyone making jokes about state schools here, we don't have the time tbh.
I went to a highly ranked private school for two years and my sister goes to one now for over a year... all of this is true becuase I experienced it. Don't be offened but I don't see how you can think I made this up.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nobody in my area goes to private school or they wouldn't be living around here :rofl:
Princessrosh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
just cus you aint heard it, it doesn't mean it doesnt happen
Anonymous #1
(Original post by temzra)
Wow I didn’t know that some private school kids were this bad.
The only private school people I’ve ever encountered were from Bromley high and they are perfectly fine.
Honestly some are fine of course but my point is just my experience of a lot of kids who are not nice about it.
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's a misconception thats been around for ages. Only a minorty of private school kids are actually snobbery. The majrority care about more about their grades and even they acknowlege smart and talented state school students.
FenixZ
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think it varies significantly with school, you can't just put them under an umbrella term and say they all act the same. I go to a private school and yes there are some misconceptions as to the standard, simply because they haven't experienced it themselves. However, that doesn't mean they feel they are necessary far superior just that we have nicer buses then them.
username2752874
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My younger sister goes to a private school and today she was telling me that they all have to do a day of volunteering on Friday. There is an instagram page which is something like 'things you hear at a private school' and someone posted 'does going to a state school for a day count as my charity work?'. I know it's meant to be 'funny' but after stories and stories of the snobbiest remarks by her friends and people she knows and even her saying shxt about regular schools I find it just really irrtates me. I used to go to a private school myself and some of the things kids would say about state schools were terrible, these people have never attended a state school and so all of their judgments are total prejudice. A teacher who had previosuly gone to Eaton at my old school said 'state school kids don't matter'. These people believe they are God on earth just becuase they went to a private school and this is no exxageration. They turn their noses up at state school people. I get that it was a great oppurtunity to go to a private school but I just couldn't stand the snobbery of these kids who think they are totally superior to the 93% of the population who go to state schools. I don't understand why they are so nasty about people who go to regualar schools. I just can't even express how snobby they are... they are even sacred of state school kids.. again no exaggeration. And btw I moved back into state school and although I appreciate the oppurtunity of private school I just couldn't stand the snobbery and entitlement of the kids there.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5257378

read my thread, you'll be amused
IsaiahD
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
Nobody in my area goes to private school or they wouldn't be living around here :rofl:
doubt it - people travel from all around to go to private schools.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
just because you haven't experienced i doesn't mean it's false. I go to a private school which is more expensive than usual private schools and everyone is chill and people aren't stuck up. However, my friends from other private schools have had other experiences . They said some people feel superior because of their wealth and look down on state schools.
Jungleseu1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly it depends on the school. I go to a private school where many of the people (not all) but most recognise how privileged they are.
_princessxox
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I went to a highly ranked private school for two years and my sister goes to one now for over a year... all of this is true becuase I experienced it. Don't be offened but I don't see how you can think I made this up.
You've said that private school students are all snobby and make jokes about state schools. That's not true because most students couldn't care less about other schools and who goes to them. You can't say that all private school students are a certain way, that's obviously not true, and it's clearly exaggerated unless EVERYONE at your school was immature, ill mannered, and not busy enough with studying.

(Original post by Princessrosh)
just cus you aint heard it, it doesn't mean it doesnt happen
I'm not saying it never happens, SOME children are snobby but similarly some students who don't go to private schools judge private school students.
Not everyone is like that and I can guarantee the majority of students are fine. I think my school is still the top private for girls in the country, although I'm not sure, however we don't all come from wealthy families, a few of my friends are scholarship students and we get along and respect eachother, it's never been an issue.

(Original post by ProRoadman)
That's a misconception thats been around for ages. Only a minorty of private school kids are actually snobbery. The majrority care about more about their grades and even they acknowlege smart and talented state school students.
It's the smallest minority, we don't even have free weekends, we don't have time to breathe let alone make fun of other schools. Everyone is focused on grades and further education.

just because you haven't experienced i doesn't mean it's false. I go to a private school which is more expensive than usual private schools and everyone is chill and people aren't stuck up. However, my friends from other private schools have had other experiences . They said some people feel superior because of their wealth and look down on state schools.
Not everyone is the same.
Professional G
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You've said that private school students are all snobby and make jokes about state schools. That's not true because most students couldn't care less about other schools and who goes to them. You can't say that all private school students are a certain way, that's obviously not true, and it's clearly exaggerated unless EVERYONE at your school was immature, ill mannered, and not busy enough with studying.

I'm not saying it never happens, SOME children are snobby but similarly some students who don't go to private schools judge private school students.
Not everyone is like that and I can guarantee the majority of students are fine. I think my school is still the top private for girls in the country, although I'm not sure, however we don't all come from wealthy families, a few of my friends are scholarship students and we get along and respect eachother, it's never been an issue.

It's the smallest minority, we don't even have free weekends, we don't have time to breathe let alone make fun of other schools. Everyone is focused on grades and further education.

Not everyone is the same.
That’s true. Know some private school studneys and they are nothing like the sterotype. They actually have best friends who go to state schools. Times are Changing with society becoming more modern and equal.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
I go to a private school and most people aren’t like that. You might find the odd person in a year group who is like that but overall the people aren’t like that.
Yes there are a few snobby people but it isn’t to the extent to say that people who go to state schools are like worse than them just because they dont go to a private school.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by IsaiahD)
doubt it - people travel from all around to go to private schools.
The need to travel isn't really the point I was making.
username4094562
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not all people who go to private school are snobby. There were a lot of snobby kids at the state school I went to..
IsaiahD
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
The need to travel isn't really the point I was making.
What was your point then? I got that people in your area didn't go to private schools
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by IsaiahD)
What was your point then? I got that people in your area didn't go to private schools
It's because I live in an area where the majority are thick as s*** and on minimum wage jobs or on benefits. If people could afford to privately educate their children, they wouldn't be renting a cheap house in this town :rofl:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (220)
12.45%
Excited (166)
9.39%
Worried (308)
17.43%
Terrified (389)
22.01%
Meh (184)
10.41%
Confused (39)
2.21%