The Student Room Group

Best universities for BA Joint Honours in English & French/English & Spanish

Hey there,
I'm beginning to look at universities as I've just finished my AS year and there aren't any tables to tell me what the best universities are for English and French combined!
I'm hoping to study English with a foreign language in September 2019, and just wanted to know if anybody knows the best universities for this degree?
I'll hopefully do quite well in my A Levels, so suggestions such as Oxford, Durham etc are gladly welcomed!!

Original post by emmabell1
Hey there,
I'm beginning to look at universities as I've just finished my AS year and there aren't any tables to tell me what the best universities are for English and French combined!
I'm hoping to study English with a foreign language in September 2019, and just wanted to know if anybody knows the best universities for this degree?
I'll hopefully do quite well in my A Levels, so suggestions such as Oxford, Durham etc are gladly welcomed!!

Wouldnt the starting point be to look at the best unis for English and the best unis for French and see which ones crop up for both?
Original post by emmabell1
Hey there,

Oxford, Durham and UCL (you can combine English with a language via the Modern Languages Plus degree) are the standout three, but Edinburgh, St Andrews and York are all very good options too.
Reply 3
Original post by Snufkin
Oxford, Durham and UCL (you can combine English with a language via the Modern Languages Plus degree) are the standout three, but Edinburgh, St Andrews and York are all very good options too.

cheers, it's much appreciated!
Hadn't even considered York, will have a wee look now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest