Age and university open days Watch

bangtangirl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I take my future seriously and i want to start going to university days but do you think 15 is too young?
Jingomcharrison
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, I'm planning on going to one at oxford for maths on the 27th and I'm 15, too.
JackFin
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It’s not too young but there really isn’t much point- you’ll get a chance to go in sixth form and at that time you’ll probably be more confident on what you want to study and the whole UCAS process and general university stuff.
SmartUnicorn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve been going to uni open days and I’m 13 but it’s because of my older brother who’s 18 but still I like to look at the types of courses I’m interested in and see if they’re any good
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bangtangirl)
I take my future seriously and i want to start going to university days but do you think 15 is too young?
It might inspire you to work hard, but I doubt you'll be able to get any constructive information from the uni yourself at this age.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bangtangirl)
yep way to young one your in collage or sixth form thats about the right time I never saw anyone under 16 or 17 at an open day.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Summer of Year 12 is probably the best time to start going as a lot can change in two years.

If you've got specific questions re: a-level choices dropping an email to admissions is probably quicker and cheaper.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
15 is too young really. You will more than likely change your mind between now and when you start looking at courses in Year 12. Concentrate on your schoolwork and picking A Levels for now and see where you go from there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?