The Student Room Group

Beng and Meng grade requirement difference

post removed
They might still let you on the course or if they felt you fell short then they could offer you the Beng. If your grades improve during the course, then you could get back on the Meng.
Yep. It definitely happens. Heck, even if you missed the BEng grades they might offer you a place on foundation year course.
Can relate :smile:

Worse at uni though - there's no set results day here in Edinburgh :frown: They don't even e-mail you to let you know they've been put on the system!
Nothing you can do, so use the period to chill and enjoy.. You might get nervous about a week before. I have a feeling you will do well.
Depends on the uni; some will let you on the BEng if you get the grades but miss the MEng offer, whereas others won't. There is no uniform answer to this.
I know some universities operate a procedure where if you firm then, they'll let you on the BSc/BEng course if you miss the MSci/MEng requirements.

Tbh, I'm pretty sure they would - I do recall them being in clearing too (I have an exhaustive list of universities in clearing for engineering because my lazy friend made me look for good engineering programmes he could apply to have he was rejected from Bristol Uni)
Whoops, I meant to have said *in my head*

But the universities last year were Cardiff, Swansea, Leeds, Sheffield, Warwick, Newcastle, QUB, QMUL, Manchester, Liverpool, Nottingham and probably more I can't remember

If your concern is a *good* uni, I wouldn't worry, with ABB you'd probably get into all this places, with BBB, it becomes more difficult.

Good luck anyway, hopefully you get AAA
Chemistry with Physics at Imperial

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending