Sheffield Aerospace Engineering Offers

Watch
sandyjames1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Sheffield says they want AAB in maths and a science for aerospace engineering BEng, I’d honestly love to go to Sheffield so being predicted A*BB is making me nervous, particularly when I’ve got the B’s in maths and physics and the A* in design engineering. Anyone had a similar situation or know how lenient they are in making offers? Cheers

James
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sandyjames1)
Sheffield says they want AAB in maths and a science for aerospace engineering BEng, I’d honestly love to go to Sheffield so being predicted A*BB is making me nervous, particularly when I’ve got the B’s in maths and physics and the A* in design engineering. Anyone had a similar situation or know how lenient they are in making offers? Cheers

James
They've made you an offer knowing your predicted grades and at this point there is nothing else to do but wait. The strength of the rest of your application will influence whether you get in along with things like how many people meet their offers. Enjoy your summer till results day and ring them if you don't get what you need.
sandyjames1
Rep:
?
(Original post by alleycat393)
They've made you an offer knowing your predicted grades and at this point there is nothing else to do but wait. The strength of the rest of your application will influence whether you get in along with things like how many people meet their offers. Enjoy your summer till results day and ring them if you don't get what you need.
Think I’ve confused you there, I’m in year twelve so my schools put A*BB as my ucas predicted grades
alleycat393
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Think I’ve confused you there, I’m in year twelve so my schools put A*BB as my ucas predicted grades
Ok but do you hold an offer? If you submitted your UCAS form in this cycle you will have responses by now.
sandyjames1
Rep:
?
(Original post by alleycat393)
Ok but do you hold an offer? If you submitted your UCAS form in this cycle you will have responses by now.
No I’m in the next cycle so going to uni in 2019
alleycat393
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No I’m in the next cycle so going to uni in 2019
In that case contact the uni and ask how they’d view you as an applicant so you don’t end up wasting a choice.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

James
You will almost certainly get an offer. They have a 90% offer rate:
https://university.which.co.uk/unive...8-ad0df255ba14

Also have a look at
https://www.ucas.com/advisers/offer-rate-calculator/

Posted from TSR Mobile
sandyjames1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Doonesbury)
You will almost certainly get an offer. They have a 90% offer rate:
https://university.which.co.uk/unive...8-ad0df255ba14

Also have a look at
https://www.ucas.com/advisers/offer-rate-calculator/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Perfect that was exactly what I was hoping for, thanks
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Perfect that was exactly what I was hoping for, thanks
You can reasonably expect the typical offer, but don't assume they will accept your predicted grades for real on results day. Best to do as well as you can to hit the actual offer.
sandyjames1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Doonesbury)
You can reasonably expect the typical offer, but don't assume they will accept your predicted grades for real on results day. Best to do as well as you can to hit the actual offer.
Yeah I hope I’ll be able to get the usual grades, I go to a grammar school though and teachers base the grades off a single exam, my fault more than anything but still frustrating 😂
H.a.hx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There is no harm in applying and going for it. You never know if you try. Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (66)
17.55%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (108)
28.72%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (142)
37.77%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
12.77%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.19%

Watched Threads