English Literature or Biology for A-Levels? Watch

millx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So later this year I'm starting a-levels and I've already chosen 2 subjects however I can't choose a third. In future, I'd like to have a career in forensic psychology so the subjects I chose were psychology and sociology as they're the same/similar to that. I've been told that English lit is a must if you want a career in law and I thought forensic psychology would class as that? I'd have no problem with doing English because I enjoy it and am capable of high grades however EVERYONE I know, including career advisers and teachers themselves told me I would burn myself out with the amount of essays that come from each subject alone. I do love essays though. The careers adviser also told me that biology would be advisable too because many unis require it for psychology courses. I'm not a major fan of biology but I do like it and I do get decent grades and would take it if it's what's best but that's what I'm here for; any advice or experiences for either subject?
sonny.jim
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Seems like whatever subject you take, either one will be valuable. Go with your gut. Since essays are right up your alley, write one for both English and Biology, explaining why you want to take those subjects. Pick the subject for which the essay was most natural to write.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?