Taxi ploughs into pedestrians in Moscow injuring eight

Watch this thread
Occitanie
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44509577

8 injured.

CCTV footage posted on social media showed the car veer out of a queue of stationary traffic and accelerate into pedestrians before coming to a halt.
The driver then fled, pursued by several passers-by.

Moscow police said the driver was a 28-year-old national of Kyrgyzstan who had been taken into custody.

They released a video of the man being questioned in which he says he had been at the wheel for more than 20 hours when the crash happened and had pressed the accelerator by mistake.

“I wanted to brake, I wanted to let someone through,” he says, while visibly upset. “I switched off for a second and hit the accelerator.... then I saw the people.”

He said he fled because he thought the crowd of people “were going to kill him.”

But one witness, who was across the road at the time of the crash, said it did not appear to be accidental.
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
He claims his foot his the accelerator and he lost control. Why didnt he plough into car in front instead of swerve into the fans. Surprised no one was killed . He had better hope the accident investigators find something wrong with the car.
Occitanie
Rep:
(Original post by 999tigger)
He claims his foot his the accelerator and he lost control. Why didnt he plough into car in front instead of swerve into the fans. Surprised no one was killed . He had better hope the accident investigators find something wrong with the car.

I agree. The last thing you’d think he’d want to hit would be pedestrians. Seems fishy - especially the fact he legged it thinking he’d be lynched. Quite convenient.
TheYearNiner
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Occitanie)
I agree. The last thing you’d think he’d want to hit would be pedestrians. Seems fishy - especially the fact he legged it thinking he’d be lynched. Quite convenient.
Well if you hit a car you might think that you will end up with broken bones etc whereas people won't do much damage
Occitanie
Rep:
(Original post by TheYearNiner)
Well if you hit a car you might think that you will end up with broken bones etc whereas people won't do much damage
Yeah, well it’s definitely worth breaking some bones than end up killing someone because of my reckless driving.
TheYearNiner
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Occitanie)
Yeah, well it’s definitely worth breaking some bones than end up killing someone because of my reckless driving.
Now you see, if you were on that position you would avoid the car.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (121)
41.58%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
18.56%
No (116)
39.86%

Watched Threads