The Student Room Group

He blocked me for no reason - what do I do

I’ve been speaking to this guy since April. We totally clicked from the first conversation we had, I liked him and he liked me. We texted, spoke on the phone, did everything we can do until we meet in person. We were planning to meet in July as that’s when I’m completely done with exams and that was fine with him. He was going to book a hotel for a night so I’d meet him there and obviously the inevitable would happen. One could argue he only wanted me for sex but I disagree.

Anyway, yesterday he was going to book the hotel but he didn’t. He’s been teasing me for a long time about me chickening out and not meeting him but I mustered the courage to go ahead with it as i really liked him but when it actually came to booking the hotel to make our meeting a bit more real he couldn’t do it, he just kept telling me he’ll book it which he never got to doing. We were texting just fine, I sent him a pic of me for the first time a few days ago, he thought I looked hot and said he couldn’t wait to meet me. The following day I requested a pic of
Him and he said he doesn’t want to disappoint me so he’s nervous about sending a pic, I told him it’s fine and I couldn’t care less about his looks. He didn’t send a pic in the end which I was fine with. Later on the same we’re talking, he’s horny, we sext for a bit, 2 hours later I’m blocked on WhatsApp, I message him on a social networking platform, he reads my message then deletes his account. I text him and he respond, telling me he’s going to forget about me as he’s falling hard for me and loves me too much.

I just don’t get it, surely if he loved me that much he wouldn’t block me? Is he insecure about meeting me? I truly believe he liked me and it wasn’t just for the sex, surely if it was just for the sex he would have gone ahead and met me? Was I just a fantasy and he was never interested in making this a reality? I’m so so upset, I really wanted to meet him. He said ‘I need to forget about you or else I’ll end up making you my girlfriend, I’ll love you forever’ etc. He also sounded angry in his texts I’m making him wait until July to meet - I told him fine I’ll meet you next Saturday as that’s when my exams end and he made an excuse about that so I don’t be get it. So sorry for the long post, please can I have your thoughts on this answer any advice on how I can move on, I have five more A level
Exams so I can’t afford to feel upset right now.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone?
Maybe its someone you know who doesn't want to bring up the courage to meet you???
Reply 3
"He blocked me for no reason - what do I do"

Nothing.

He made his decision, he's not worth thinking about any more.
"I love you so much I don't wanna meet you and i'm gonna block you off of everything"

What a dumb*ss douche
Maybe he found someone else and was too much of a coward to tell you
Reply 6
All a bit 'cart before the horse' I reckon. Go on a date, see each other etc, before sexting and planning a hotel bonkathon. But in any events dating is full of unpleasant set backs, put it down to experience.
I'd have ran the moment I knew he was a flake. Not block your mates though.
Would need to know more about the interactions you’ve had and what he has been saying, but in all likelihood, he’s been lying to you about who he is, and that’s why he’s chickened out.

Meanwhile, you’ve put all your eggs in one basket and have now been left seriously disappointed and questioning why he’s suddenly disappeared after claiming he “loves” you.

This is a classic ego-stroke move by people who lie.
I really like this guy who I used to work with, last week I deleted and blocked him off my Snapchat because all he did was post photos of himself clubbing, doing other questionable things, or hanging around with girls.
I still like him but the reason I blocked him was because I know he’s not the right person for me so I just want to forget about him.

Maybe this person feels the same way about you? That you’re a nice person, but you and him would never work, so he just doesn’t want to waste his time AND hurt your feelings in the process.
What a d***
Would not waste time thinking of him x
he is probably a f boy
Probs has a disability
Original post by Occitanie
Would need to know more about the interactions you’ve had and what he has been saying, but in all likelihood, he’s been lying to you about who he is, and that’s why he’s chickened out.

Meanwhile, you’ve put all your eggs in one basket and have now been left seriously disappointed and questioning why he’s suddenly disappeared after claiming he “loves” you.

This is a classic ego-stroke move by people who lie.

Hey! Thank you ever so much for your reply, sorry I just saw it. The only interaction we’ve had has been online. We used to talk on the phone regularly and sext and whatnot, I was totally into him and he was into me as well. The issue is, I feel like sending him a pic of me made him feel insecure about himself. He was planning to send me a pic but I made the mistake of sending first and afterwards he told me about he was afraid of disappointing me and what not. Obviously now he’s blocked me so I called him on no caller ID and he didn’t respond, but keeps unblocking me and messaging me about how much he loves me and how much he wants to meet, then he blocks me again and repeats the process so it’s really confusing.

Additionally, a few days ago I called him again on no caller ID, this time he picked up, we didn’t even talk about what was going on as he didn’t want to, we literally just wanked then he hung up. I know that sounds awful but I don’t regret it particularly, but I just don’t understand. He also said to me (when he unblocked and messaged) about how he’s never sending me a pic of himself so I can’t ever stop thinking about him - what do you make of this?!?!?!? He also keeps going on about how he’s a total hottie but if he was I’m sure he’d have sent s pic by now. Addtionally, whenever he unblocks and texts me he keeps telling me to stop chickening out and just meet him at the hotel when it’s him who doesn’t want to meet?? It’s like he’s trying to convince himself this is my fault and not his. So sorry for this long message but I would really really appreciate any of your input!
Original post by tammatha009
he is probably a f boy

Honestly if he was, it would probably make me feel better about this whole thing because at least then it makes sense. But I really don’t think he’s too popular with girls irl, I’m sure he really
Liked me from everything I’ve seen so far and I also really like him, it just really sucks and hurts that he had to go ahead and ruin what we had. I’m so angry at myself too as I can’t seem to stop thinking about him.
Original post by Vivi2018
I really like this guy who I used to work with, last week I deleted and blocked him off my Snapchat because all he did was post photos of himself clubbing, doing other questionable things, or hanging around with girls.
I still like him but the reason I blocked him was because I know he’s not the right person for me so I just want to forget about him.

Maybe this person feels the same way about you? That you’re a nice person, but you and him would never work, so he just doesn’t want to waste his time AND hurt your feelings in the process.

Hi, thanks a lot for your input. Honestly I'm quite sure that's not it though anything is possible. He keeps unblocking me and messaging me about hiow much he loves me etc, then blocking me again. We really do like each other and I know he still likes me otherwise he wouldn't be contacting me, I just feel like he's insecure about himself or something?? I just don't get why he'd make it seem like we're going to meet and constantly tell me not to back out of it, only for him to do that in the end. Men!!!
Original post by Zarek
All a bit 'cart before the horse' I reckon. Go on a date, see each other etc, before sexting and planning a hotel bonkathon. But in any events dating is full of unpleasant set backs, put it down to experience.

Yeah I genuinely wouldn't mind doing this but I don't think he'd want to, he just doesn't wanna meet me for some reason???? So annoying, I wish I could just forget about him but I can't stop thinking about him!
Original post by DabThruUni
"I love you so much I don't wanna meet you and i'm gonna block you off of everything"

What a dumb*ss douche

Ha, I know right. Really disappointing because this was completely out of the blue, so so unexpected, just don't know how to 'move on' now!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, thanks a lot for your input. Honestly I'm quite sure that's not it though anything is possible. He keeps unblocking me and messaging me about hiow much he loves me etc, then blocking me again. We really do like each other and I know he still likes me otherwise he wouldn't be contacting me, I just feel like he's insecure about himself or something?? I just don't get why he'd make it seem like we're going to meet and constantly tell me not to back out of it, only for him to do that in the end. Men!!!

Maybe he likes the attention? Or the thought of you still wanting him even though he treats you like crap - stay away from him. He’s not giving me good vibes. You’re going to find someone better, I promise! X

Latest

Trending

Trending