The Student Room Group

could colleges accept below minimum requirement to do A level chemistry

I got a B,C in Additional science and I was close to B, On my break down I got B`s thorughout however I was let down by one grade which brought my overall grade down. I was just wondering if any college could accept me with these grades to do A level chemistry
Original post by Mohamed2382
I got a B,C in Additional science and I was close to B, On my break down I got B`s thorughout however I was let down by one grade which brought my overall grade down. I was just wondering if any college could accept me with these grades to do A level chemistry

Why do you think you didn't do better at GCSE?

Even if a place did accept you, A-level Chemistry is much more difficult than GCSE. I'm not sure it would be in your best interests to take it unless there is some kind of mitigating factor.
Reply 2
Original post by EierVonSatan
Why do you think you didn't do better at GCSE?

Even if a place did accept you, A-level Chemistry is much more difficult than GCSE. I'm not sure it would be in your best interests to take it unless there is some kind of mitigating factor.

I`m very smart (I think), My older brother did A level chemistry before me and he was good at it. He offered to give me tutoring therefore it could be much easier for me to do, I also love chemistry I just hated physics GCSE which is what let me down
Did you get a B or C, please clarify.

Anyway my advice is if you struggled with GCSE chemistry i imagine your gonna find a level chem quite difficult, it's a huge step up and even people who get As and A*s in GCSE struggle.
I had a friend get A's in science at GCSE and she still struggled with A level so much she had dropped the subject by Christmas, and the exams are only getting harder

To do well in Chemistry you need to really enjoy it and have a natural aptitude for it

Quick Reply

Latest