MSc Physician Associate at Newcastle University Sept 2018 Watch

Megan19100
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm still waiting to hear back from newcastle! I hope I get an offer! When was your interview?
(Original post by imogem1)
I think they’ve only handed out a few offers so we might be the only ones haha, we should start a fb group or something, would be nice to know a few faces!
kittycarrie
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah I would need to work along side to you know live - I have my own flat and need to pay bills so yup deffo got to work haha. I'm still going to apply but hopefully it will all work out x
(Original post by Stephyr77)
Hi. The funding structure is a bit weird and can change year on year. Our funding wasn’t decided until the last minute but we get our course fees paid and a small bursary but as I say there’s no guarantee this will remain the same going forward.
The course itself is really intensive and in literature regarding the course it’s not recommended to work alongside, there’s a lot of self directed learning as well as uni and placement, that said several of my cohort do weekend work. I think it just depends on the individual.
Stephyr77
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Fingers crossed for you. I’m a mature student and have a mortgage etc so the financial aspects were a bit of a concern when I applied. Have you considered a career development loan? I know a few of my cohort got those from their banks and if it stays an MSc you should be able to get the government postgrad loan too. I’m the 1st year course rep so if there’s anything else you want to ask feel free and I will answer best I can
(Original post by kittycarrie)
Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah I would need to work along side to you know live - I have my own flat and need to pay bills so yup deffo got to work haha. I'm still going to apply but hopefully it will all work out x
imogem1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think it was right at the beginning of March. Good luck with the offer! Have you applied for many others?
(Original post by Megan19100)
I'm still waiting to hear back from newcastle! I hope I get an offer! When was your interview?
Megan19100
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah mine was 6th March! I applied to SGUL, Hull-York, Sheffield and Newcastle. I’m on the waiting list for SGUL and got an offer from Sheffield but just waiting for the other 2. Newcastle is my first choice, with Sheffield being the second, so I just want to hear back so I know if I can accept Sheffield or not! Have you applied elsewhere?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
imogem1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I was in a similar position I had a few offers but was waiting to hear back from Sheffield (who still haven’t got back to me haha) but then got the Newcastle offer which was joint first choice with Sheffield anyway! Are you still doing your degree or have you graduated?
Yeah mine was 6th March! I applied to SGUL, Hull-York, Sheffield and Newcastle. I’m on the waiting list for SGUL and got an offer from Sheffield but just waiting for the other 2. Newcastle is my first choice, with Sheffield being the second, so I just want to hear back so I know if I can accept Sheffield or not! Have you applied elsewhere?
Megan19100
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ooh well good luck! Maybe we’ll end up at the same place! I’m in my final year now at uni of Liverpool, what about you?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
imogem1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Final year too, hopefully see you soon!
Ooh well good luck! Maybe we’ll end up at the same place! I’m in my final year now at uni of Liverpool, what about you?
Npresnell21
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m still waiting to hear back from Newcastle, I don’t think I’ve ever checked my email this much. Does anyone know if it will Be an email or a letter?
imogem1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Should be an email
(Original post by Npresnell21)
I’m still waiting to hear back from Newcastle, I don’t think I’ve ever checked my email this much. Does anyone know if it will Be an email or a letter?
Solymo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Any interview tips? Is it an MMI and a sit down interview? What sort of thing did they ask you?
Should be an email
PR24
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey! I’ve also got an offer for this September! I’m Pooja, nice to meet you!

Hi I’ve just got my offer to start in September, on the offer letter it says it starts on the 2nd but in other places it says the 23rd. Does anyone know which one it is? Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (88)
16.92%
The paper was reasonable (256)
49.23%
Not feeling great about that exam... (120)
23.08%
It was TERRIBLE (56)
10.77%

Watched Threads