The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

This Passport thingy... :)

Hiya :smile:

I got an email about this Passport course, but im not too sure about it...

I really want to go to Lancaster so it's good if it gives you a better chance of getting in, but do you have to qualify from their list to go, or is that just for a scholorship?

Has anyone been on it and found it really worthwhile? Was it the difference for you getting on your course if u didnt get the results??

Thanku!! xxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There are requirements for you to meet for enrolment onto the course. I think they are stated on the stuff they send you through the post and from what I remember you need to have an household income of less than £18,000 a year and be the first person in your family to go to university. I could of gone on it but I didn't but I think it's a really good course. My flat mate went and she made loads of friends so that's the main advantage - having friends before you get to uni but it also helps you to adapt to university life better.
As far as I'm aware, the Passport course has nothing to do with the scholarship, unless the rules have changed?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Thankyou :smile:
Reply 3
Id really love to go (as its going to be a push getting i think getting AAB). I only meet one of the criteria though (well one and a half, are palpitations/heart problems counted as an illness?), it says these criteria are for the Passport "scholarship" (£400), so can you pay to go if you don't automatically get in?
Reply 4
RJ555
are...heart problems counted as an illness?

mmmm id say so
Reply 5
You can pay for the course if you aren't eligible to get a scholarship for it. Faxed mine over today =)
Mmm i only meet one as well (first in my family).... think im away though for the first four days so not sure if it'll happen :s-smilie: xxx
Reply 7
yea, i wanted to go too, but ill be in Tanzania for the majority of it :frown:
You should get on if you only meet one requirement. I went on this course so if any one wants to ask me about it then please feel free to PM me. This course made a huge difference to my life, as I wouldn't be at uni without it!

P.S. I was on it summer 07, the group just gone. I can also make enquiries for anyone if they want :smile:
Reply 9
What A levels did you get? Are you doing law?
Reply 10
What is the Academic reference? Do you need a tutor to give a reference or can it be a friend of the family. Thing is I want to get it done now, and with it being half term its hard to get a tutor reference.
Reply 11
Tutor should do it.
Reply 12
Got an email saying i'm on it now.
Reply 13
Finally sent mine today, it was so frustrating, why on earth did they send it us at the start of half term?! :confused: Its taken me two and a half weeks just to get that academic reference completed. I'll go mental if they tell me its too late now. :mad:
Reply 14
I always thought the first person in your family was abit vague..you know you cant really track but through generations of ancestors to find out...
Reply 15
I hadn't really thought about this until today, but with it being July, won't the campus be a bit of a ghost town?! :p: I mean, Im assuming the Sugarhouse will be closed, what about the on campus bars/sports centre etc. Because surely if they are all shut itll be a bit odd?
Reply 16
ummm some bars will be open because graduation is around some time in summer! yeh it may be abit empty so dont be letting it put you off the main aspect of lancaster is its lively atmosphere..!
Reply 17

How long does it last? What do you do on it?
Reply 18
July 10th-August i think 21st?
Reply 19
I found out last week that Im on it now :smile:

Just out of interest though, how does it help you in terms of qualifications? I've been offered AAB, but if I get ABB/BBB and the Passport d'you reckon they would still let meme on the course?

Latest

Trending

Trending