Going SERIOUSLY grey at 15 Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
It started back in September 2017 when I just started Y10. It was a few but not noticeable. Now I’d say there are around 50-70 grey hairs on the side and around 10-15 grey hairs on the top. No one else in my family ever turned grey this fast, I’m not stressed and it’s nothing to do with diet. Can someone tell me WTF is wrong with me?
melliottme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It started back in September 2017 when I just started Y10. It was a few but not noticeable. Now I’d say there are around 50-70 grey hairs on the side and around 10-15 grey hairs on the top. No one else in my family ever turned grey this fast, I’m not stressed and it’s nothing to do with diet. Can someone tell me WTF is wrong with me?
Nothing is wrong with you just unfortunate to have the the DNA mix. I started about the same time as you (12) but a brother who is 3 years older also got the same DNA mix so always knew how it would look in 3 years time!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by melliottme)
Nothing is wrong with you just unfortunate to have the the DNA mix. I started about the same time as you (12) but a brother who is 3 years older also got the same DNA mix so always knew how it would look in 3 years time!
It’s strange though because they only started to come since I started Y10. It’s not like these have developed over time, only 8-9 months or so and they’ve grown so rapidly.
melliottme
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It’s strange though because they only started to come since I started Y10. It’s not like these have developed over time, only 8-9 months or so and they’ve grown so rapidly.
Same here. What colour is your hair?

With my brothers and sisters only dark haired were affected but my daughter who has light brown hair has always had hilites in her hair.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by melliottme)
Same here. What colour is your hair?

With my brothers and sisters only dark haired were affected but my daughter who has light brown hair has always had hilites in her hair.
Light brown
melliottme
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Light brown
That is better then dark as with hi-lites you shouldn't have the roots showing through too much and its much more forgiving. My daughter has someone who comes to her home to have have it done as it is much cheaper and she says more convenient. My youngest has just turned 18 and as her hair is identical to mine when I was younger I thought she would definitely get the grey and was sad because its not so easy to disguise but so far so good.

Do not let this get you down lots of people have this at a young age.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you getting any other symptoms like maybe feeling tired or low on energy? Going grey early can be an indicator of some health issues like a hormone imbalance. You might want to check in with your GP to see if they can work anything out.
You could also attempt "home remedies" but I have no idea if they would help or just make a hole in your pocket.
Past that it's just accept that sometimes life sucks a bit and consider maybe covering it up with dye or just own it.
melliottme
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This might be of interest to OP https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-44871058
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads